Search found 13 matches

Return

by skink
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help Actuator Houston Tracker and Monterey 100c

The bottom two connectors marked 36V(bottom left in the photo are for the two white wires on the actuator.The other two brown or black wires are connected to the other bank marked sensor and gnd.Clean the rust off won't hurt.
by skink
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Harvard Scientific Dual C-band

The elbow is to make the feedhorn and lnb more compact to fit in a feedhorn cover.I have my two lnbs exposed to the elements.I just slapped on some silicone at the lnb/feedhorn coupling and use waterproof F connectors.No problem for years now(knock on wood).
by skink
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Harvard Scientific Dual C-band

What make are those lnbs?Every lnb I bought,came with a rubber gasket that fits in between the feedhorn and lnb.I suppose if you put a small bead of silicone caulking around the mating surface of the lnb and feedhorn(on the outer perimeter where the groove for the gasket seats)and around the outside...
by skink
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My superjack appears to be toast.

Why not take it off and have a peek?I think there is only one bolt that holds the motor to the tube that extends.I have seen where the nut inside the tube spun off the threaded rod or the threads are so worn that it was spinning around the threaded rod,or the drive pin on the motor could be broken.Y...
by skink
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 16 foot antenna .... efficiency equivalent to 6 feet

Wow!Just looking at your photo and can see the feedhorn is "wonky" for starters.I would try to get this component inline and set the proper focal length first,then go from there.The dish you have is quite the beast.
by skink
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Satellite " Over Load "

I use a powered switch for years with othromode feedhorns from a C band and a Ku band dishes.The switch can also receive input from a OTA antenna,but I don't use that input.It also has adjustments for gain.
by skink
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trojan Horse

I have been trying to access this site for days now,but my anti virus won't allow me to connect because of a trojan virus.I am glad to see it has been addressed.
by skink
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this transponder still there?

It is coming in as strong as ever!Same transponder
by skink
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trojan Horse

I use firefox and duckduck go as a search engine.The notification of a trojanhorse was over several days and has subsided.I won't say nothing again in the future to cause any distress.