ESPN
TNT
TBS
Discovery
Fox News
NBC Sportsnet
HLN
HGTV

Programmers will be leaving AMC8 this year as the satellite is almost out of fuel and will be discarded. In the meantime, I think they will be simulcasting their programming until they all find a new home. Dido for the all the music channels on this sat.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Alaska Mux is ITC

Post by dishcrank » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Some more like hbo, showtime, starz and disney are also in that mux. It is starting to look like that 97 mux we recently lost. :lol: :thanks

norman881
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by norman881 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 pm

2 hours ago I counted 34 channels total.
10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/DG380 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1 PLL LNBF

Z_finigan
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Z_finigan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Just remember. USA may have given up on that satellite. And many have lasted for longer. I never saw TV stations on that satellite before. So maybe. The owner of that satellite is trying to use it till it dies. And maybe offering a good deal on transponder time.

Who knows the truth. They have been merging satellites from what I see. Looks like to me there going to use 97 to 105. In the future. And the rest are going to lose programing. Which makes sense
Saves money. When the hole satellite is used at 100%.
Don't you think

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Z_finigan wrote:Looks like to me there going to use 97 to 105.
Too low in the sky for Alaska. They will probably head next door to 135W. At one time, I recall they were on 137W until that sat went kaput.

I wonder why they don't add more HD channels? Are most Alaskans still watching SD? :thinking
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:37 am

This is used for their cable delivery system. Must be having problems with their system of getting ready to move to another sat. It will probably stay FTA until fixed or move. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Just an update on this one. First, some are reporting they can lock this mux with a 6ft dish (very strong signal). Second, GCI channel is actually This TV in HD.

26 channels in total for me. :coolsign

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:09 pm

:sayingbye
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Glenn
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Glenn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 pm

satdish wrote::sayingbye
I gotta laugh, Glen..you have made that statement before! :lol:

Why not go 'invade' another forum, and leave these folks to enjoy their 'legal' hobby?

One individual has already exposed you.

Apparently some folks already realized who you were. Personally; I already thought they knew who you were before it was announced. Kinda 'caught me off guard' !! For someone to have the 'guts' to express the truth.

Another has made a statement that I presume you did not enjoy. In reference to you attempting to destroy the FTA community.

You and your 'good buddy' ...and you and he, know who I am referring to; say more stupid statements to attempt to get attention; I will do what I said I would do a few years ago.

Folks that are not members of this forum.....some folks that make a living in the satellite trade, realize things that you certainly will deny. They literally have no respect for you. Have expressed their thoughts to me over the years. They tell me that forums are just for people that want to be 'center of attraction'..

I do not agree with that. However; you certainly would qualify for that statement; in my opinion.

I remember the days when you would go out of your way, to help people. I was one of them.

You changed.

You simply 'provoke' problems; thinking that is the best way to sell that stuff.

Ask any successful business person related to sales. You ...I dunno even how to say it. Have already said it to you guys the past years. And you refuse to listen.

Best wishes! I most certainly; do not want anything to do with you, or your ..Bob's..Rainier company.

I sent you and Bob an email a few weeks ago; and noticed you did not reply.

Please leave these folks alone.

I would suggest you finally accept advice I and Bob expressed over the years..."keep your mouth shut"...

Remember..there 'is a lot more I can say'.

I feel you made an 'absolute fool' of me; over the years. Strictly my opinion. Spent $900 twice for pieces of ..

I am waiting...for your 'good buddy' to make comments. Oh..hi Dan!

Upset me enough, and I will ...well; You guys know me. It will not be 'nice'.

Glenn

tracieok
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by tracieok » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Is this satdish in real life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9_b41JEXA8

:toofunny

He puts pressure on legal to scramble or he reports them to the programmers and makes a big stink. :mooning

Return to “139°W”