What size dish do you recommend for c-band?

Discussion of large prime focus satellite dishes used for C-Band signal reception.
Blackloz
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

What size dish do you recommend for c-band?

Post by Blackloz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 am

What size dish is recommended for full-time tv viewing of the major networks, diginets and other programming?

I want to wean myself off of a current sub and combine ota (already installed), c-band dish (working on it) and basic streaming service (Sling).

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: What size dish do you recommend for c-band?

Post by Arion » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 am

Minimum size for C-band is an 8' dish. Recommended size is a 10' dish and optimum is 12'. Depends on how much you want to spend, how much room you have and how much work you can or are willing to do. I bought a 10' package from the site sponsor early this summer, installed it myself and very happy with it. I also have a 1.2 meter dish for KU band and then use a dual tuner STB for the best of both worlds.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: What size dish do you recommend for c-band?

Post by dishcrank » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm

I recommend a 10' dish for the serious enthusiast. The 8' is on the threshold of reception for many dvb-s2/8psk signals and you can forget about dvb-s2/16apsk signals altogether.

Return to “Dish Antennas”