ORBY TV - A new DBS provider on 117W?

Discussions about the latest digital satellite tv industry news.
dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

ORBY TV - A new DBS provider on 117W?

Post by dishcrank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:32 am

If you blind scan the ku band on Eutelsat 117 W, you'll find the entire US cable lineup is being uplinked to this satellite by a company called ORBY TV. Most of the channels are Nagra encrypted, but some are FTA (or were FTA). HEVC encoding for the most part. EPG info is slowly being added. Looks like a work in progress...

I couldn't find much info on the company. Seems they incorporated in 2017 under ORBY TV LLC and have a password protected website. Could this be another DBS satellite company?

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: ORBY TV - A new DBS provider on 117W?

Post by jess76 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

With nagra encoding, I would think "Dish" has something to do with it! Just my thought. Jess out in Fresno, California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

IntelPenny4
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by IntelPenny4 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:24 am

when you blind scan the bird which channels scan in FTA?

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm

The Orby stuff is all encrypted now. :sad: Some of those channels were FTA when they were uplinking the service a few weeks ago. At the moment, only 'Canal 4' and 'Tigo Promo' are in the clear but they are from the other provider - Tigo. These are both pay tv services so don't hold your breath for a lot of free content.
Administrator
()

IntelPenny4
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by IntelPenny4 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:45 am

tvroadmin wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
The Orby stuff is all encrypted now. :sad: Some of those channels were FTA when they were uplinking the service a few weeks ago. At the moment, only 'Canal 4' and 'Tigo Promo' are in the clear but they are from the other provider - Tigo. These are both pay tv services so don't hold your breath for a lot of free content.
THANK YOU TVRO for this info :)

Return to “Satellite News”