fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

The Weather Channel (USA) ITC

Post by fatso » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:50 am

131W
3860 H 30000

It popped up in the Alaska mux, so it might be a west coast feed or temporary coverage of the hurricane :rain in Hawaii. Well worth scanning into your receivers!!
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Z_finigan
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: The Weather Channel (USA) ITC

Post by Z_finigan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 am

Hey
I think this would be a good idea. Why don't we get together. Write them. And ask if during hurricanes. If they would open the channels. So we can have coverage. I think it would be a win win. For us and them.

Just who do we need to write. Is the question

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 am

Generally it's a bad idea to contact the uplinkers/providers. The vast majority of these feeds especially on c-band are not meant for FTA interception. That is how channels get permanently encrypted. More than once we've enjoyed feeds that get blabbed about in the open and when word gets back the heat from the content owners forces the uplinkers to encrypt.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

Z_finigan
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Z_finigan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm saying to contact the provider. The weather channel.
It's self. And I've had some new ideas for them. Since the last box I got. Can use apps. Like showtime. I was going to contact them with the idea. That if you pay for there services on a app. That if you have a fta satellite receiver that can use the app. They maybe incorporating the app so if you have c band. That it will let you use the c band down link. Not having to use the internet. Which is a win for them. Because the feed is always on. And your not using there data. From the internet.

It would be like c band was. Being able to buy just from. Showtime, or amc.
And why not. It could help them save c band. Because just cause they may save c band from the internet and cellphones this time. If they don't start thinking about us. The fta c band user. They will lose in the future.

We could be what saves c band. Don't you think it's funny. Why they don't want us to know. How many customers had 4dtv. Before the shut down.

I've asked once before.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:29 am

Z_finigan wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm
It would be like c band was. Being able to buy just from. Showtime, or amc.
That was before DTV and Dish were available. 99.9% of the public can`t install a c-band dish (and most can`t install a ku dish either). DTV and Dish have an army of installers who take care of the installations. This costs a ton of money. There are no c-band installers today, which means only technical savvy people are doing their own big dish installs.
Z_finigan wrote:
And why not.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Compare the check DTV sends to Discovery Channel every month (tens of millions) with the one a c-band subscription service (like rainier) would send them (nickels and dimes). :hehehe: Who would you do business with? :thinking
Z_finigan wrote:
If they don't start thinking about us. The fta c band user. They will lose in the future.
If DTV and Dish disappear, they will start thinking about you. For now, enjoy the hobby and the hundreds of unscrambled channels you can watch!!
Administrator
([email protected])

Z_finigan
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Z_finigan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am

The funny thing is. Dish, direct and cable are all losing there ass right now.
Att is going to take a last ditch effort to save the telephone system. Buy getting rid of their ku band satellites.
Streaming will work out. If you have AT&T phone service. But it will never take off if you have to use your cable companies internet provider. Too expensive and too much data. See the cable companies are smart. If you don't pay for TV programming from them. They will make there money off the extra data you need to stream.

Oh and as time goes by. The check to those stations will stop. One at a time. Hey the the provider Rainer must have some customers. Because there are using his boxes. And setting up one of these satellites is not hard. I've set up 4. And trust me. Everyone I speak to about the satellite where I live. Would like to have one. Because we get more TV then they do.
People can't believe the system still works. They thought it was dead.
It's all about educating. Dtv and companies like them do not want people finding out. Because if they did. It would hurt them.

I think it's funny. You think it's funny about the app and down link. It would benefit them. They would be in control again. Where the cable companies took that away from them.

foebage
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by foebage » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Is this feed still up and is it a west coast footprint ?

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm

foebage wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Is this feed still up and is it a west coast footprint ?
Still there, but one of the weaker transponders. If you can get the Univision transponder (also weak), you should be able to pull in this one too.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:57 am

This one now scans 22 powervu encrypted channels + Weather Channel. I think it's the old Alaska mux that was on AMC 7 before. Keeping fingers crossed it goes itc every once in a while like in the past. :bouncybouncy
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

foebage
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by foebage » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 am

New channels Identified

E West
Teen Nick
Fusion