4DTV Scam?

Discussions about scams and swindles negatively affecting the television industry.
debyee
Articles: 0

4DTV Scam?

Post by debyee » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 am

I am a former 4DTV subscriber (only recently cancelled). It seems a company in China got a hold of my email address and sent me the message below. I have never given my email to anyone except programming center and I certainly do not partake in any kind of unlawful activities. Before I take any futher action, has anyone else received the same message?

Dear friend,

4DTV H2H service will shutdown on July 31st 2016. it's time to introduce 4DTV old user a new solution with better service.

xxxxxx FTA/POWERVU/DCII receiver is the best solution for you to upgrade against 4DTV shutdown.

More Compatible: xxxxxxx support all C/Ku band satellite signal; works for all signal DVB-S/S2 & MPEG2/MPEG4 H.264;
Universal: All your 4DTV dishes,LNBs,Dish Mover,Signal Switchs/Splitter can continue use for this new receiver xxxxxxxx;
Highest HD Quality: Broadcaster Headend level HD quality and stability,Cband package No Rain or Snow Fade;
FREE Enjoy : No subscription, No HD charge, No Contract fee. just Free Enjoy with your good willing;
More Contents: Support all FTA and Powervu channels from 30W-139W Amarica Arc; (Sports,Movies,Nature,Drama,News,Kids,etc,... What ever you need covered)

Most of All: NorthAmerica 20+Satellite, 130+ Transponder, 800+ Powervu HD/SD channels Fully Auto-roll !

You know what it means. (see detail Powervu/DCII list in attached channels list )

xxxxxxxx is the best DVB-S2 HD receiver for NorthAmerica FTA satellite TV fans.
Review by some users: Awesome box! Excelent job! Cool and Simple!

This is xxxxx from xxxxxx team.We have more then 15years Satellite and IPTV products experience. We'd like to support you handle some project and satisfy your client with xxxxxxx receiver.
Looking forward to cooperate with you.

Best Regards,

xxxxxx

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Re: 4DTV Scam?

Post by satdish » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 am

Looks like some B*** H** wannabee type is up to his old tricks. Cisco has put the knife in them boys once, they will do it again.

They got your e-mail address from who? The Programming Center? Could their database been hacked or did they sell the list to someone like Charlie to make a nice exit buck?

Looks like more BS to help tear down the c band industry so Charlie can reign in power with his pizza. Wonder how much $$$$$$$$$ Charlie has parlayed over the years to try to achieve his ultimate goal?

You can report it to Tim at Programming Center if he still works there. I don't know if they will do anything though especially if they sold the e-mail list. Reminds me of the shenanigans that were going on when NPS shutdown in 2010.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 pm

Debyee I suspect they possibly got your email from a purchase you made online or registering at some forum. I believe it is one gang in China that pretty much fabricates all this satellite hardware. I myself bought a linkbox9000 a few months ago from aliexpress and ever since I've been getting junk emails for every kind of receiver, iptv gadget and other electronics. This stuff should be going in the spam folder, but some does get thru.

By the way, ebay is now full of these junk receivers too...all coming from China no less! Trump's lectures on how stupid we Americans have become to trade with the Chinese like this really hits home. I don't think there is a single American company manufacturing satellite or cable receivers anymore because of the unfair trade regulations we have been subjected to. Back in the 80s, Echostar and others use to manufacture millions of satellite receivers in the USA!
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Echostar had top-notch receivers for sure! Even the positioner was integrated into it. Gotta find an old sat magazine to show you guys.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:35 am

No piracy discussions permitted.
No reference to violence permitted.

Support our sponsors. Buy local. Buy legal.
Closed.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “Scams and Swindles”