Boeing aviation software outsourced to $9 an hour "engineers"

Discussions about scams and swindles negatively affecting the television industry.
tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Boeing aviation software outsourced to $9 an hour "engineers"

Post by tvroadmin » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:46 pm

Next time you are flying on a Boeing jet and cruising at 30,000 ft when suddenly the aircraft goes into a "death dive", at least you'll know why. The $9 per hour "engineer" must have made a boo-boo somewhere in the autopilot firmware. :doh

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -engineers

It is common knowledge that corporations like Boeing (and almost every other American corporation) have been replacing their American engineers and other workers with either H1B visa foreign workers or outsourcing technical work to the 3rd world. You will hear them claim that there is a shortage of high-tech workers (which is a LIE) on the fake news media (which covers for them), to hide their criminal (and treasonous) actions. It is also common knowledge that starting salaries paid to American pilots are less than $30k these days which is about the same rate of pay as a burger flipper or a bum wiper. In contrast, the starting salaries for pilots at most Asian and Middle Eastern airliners are well over $200k. Most of these pilots I have noticed are actually westerners. The last time I flew American was about a decade ago. The plane was grounded in Aruba for 2 hrs because they had to reboot the computers several times. This crap has been going on for a while, but the crashes are just getting started as they outsource more and more. Since then, I have always flown Asian.

Just remember all this next time you are foolish enough to board an American (Boeing made) aircraft. This is what 70 years of globalization (i.e. stupidity and greed) does to the industry of a country in order to enrich a few parasites.

By the way, the airplane computers rebooting reminds me of the poor product below. Would you want your plane's computers behaving like this at 30,000-ft? :thinking

Administrator
([email protected])

Signality
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Re: Boeing aviation software outsourced to $9 an hour "engineers"

Post by Signality » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 am

tvroadmin wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:46 pm
Next time you are flying on a Boeing jet and cruising at 30,000 ft when suddenly the aircraft goes into a "death dive", at least you'll know why. The $9 per hour "engineer" must have made a boo-boo somewhere in the autopilot firmware. :doh

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -engineers

It is common knowledge that corporations like Boeing (and almost every other American corporation) have been replacing their American engineers and other workers with either H1B visa foreign workers or outsourcing technical work to the 3rd world. You will hear them claim that there is a shortage of high-tech workers (which is a LIE) on the fake news media (which covers for them), to hide their criminal (and treasonous) actions. It is also common knowledge that starting salaries paid to American pilots are less than $30k these days which is about the same rate of pay as a burger flipper or a bum wiper. In contrast, the starting salaries for pilots at most Asian and Middle Eastern airliners are well over $200k. Most of these pilots I have noticed are actually westerners. The last time I flew American was about a decade ago. The plane was grounded in Aruba for 2 hrs because they had to reboot the computers several times. This crap has been going on for a while, but the crashes are just getting started as they outsource more and more. Since then, I have always flown Asian.

Just remember all this next time you are foolish enough to board an American (Boeing made) aircraft. This is what 70 years of globalization (i.e. stupidity and greed) does to the industry of a country in order to enrich a few parasites.

By the way, the airplane computers rebooting reminds me of the poor product below. Would you want your plane's computers behaving like this at 30,000-ft? :thinking

Never knew this supposedly technical forum was so politically pro trump :lolsign:

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Unabashed liberal here,

and I actually vote,

belter-one

P.S. And I like politicians who actually follow and understand the U.S Constitution, actually respect our allies and friends, ..., ... Have a great day :-)

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator

Post by tvroadmin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 pm

Signality wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 am
Never knew this supposedly technical forum was so politically pro trump :lolsign:

It has nothing to do with Trump. The executives at Boeing made a calculated decision to replace more qualified American technical workers with H1B hacks and their cousins in India in order to enrich themselves. The result is 2 plane crashes and hundreds dead. The Boeing executives should be charged with manslaughter and thrown in jail for 20 years. All their assets should be seized.

This chicanery of replacing American STEM workers with foreigners, under the guise of a dire shortage of STEM workers in the USA, is happening by design at ALL American corporations. There is no STEM worker shortage in the USA. In fact, most recent STEM graduates in the USA are largely unemployed or underemployed and more experienced STEM workers are being systematically replaced. Notice how it isn't lawyers, accountants, journalists and other parasites that are being targeted for replacement with H1B foreign workers, but the productive backbone of society (i.e. engineers, scientists and technologists). Notice also how the fake news media conspires with the corporations to create the STEM shortage myth in the mind of the general public? They have been doing it for decades and more people are seeing through their bullshit now, especially when they read a post like this one. People don't like being lied to, which is why the fake news media is hated by so many. Also, if they lie to you about STEM worker shortages, what else are they lying to you about? Just about everything...

Get the word out. I don't even live in the USA but I tell you how it really is and why you should stick up for the technology workers who are being completely screwed by a bunch of corporate parasites that add zero value to society. Even more important for the average American, your living standards are in steep decline and will continue to decline because of such stupidity and greed. And don't be discouraged from getting on board a 100 ton aircraft that was programmed by some computer hack in India for $9 per hr. :hammercomputer:
Administrator
([email protected])

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator

Post by tvroadmin » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Since this is a satellite forum and all, here are the H1B applications from Dish. Call Mr. Charlie and ask him why he applies to hire foreign workers over American citizens? No software engineers available in America, Charlie? Why did you hire 157 foreigners in 2018? That's 157 American STEM graduates who will never have a programming job. And what does Dish have to show for all these clueless H1Bs? Out of control, worldwide piracy of programmers content perhaps? It is now common knowledge that all Dish content is in the Cloud and being streamed around the world by pirates for pennies on the dollar, while hundreds of Nagra private investigators :sherlock: pick their noses wondering what went so horribly wrong? Is this the equivalent of Dish's Boeing problem? :scratchingmyhead:

If you subscribe to Dish, not only do they rip you off every month, but also rip off the American STEM worker by denying him a job. If you don't agree with what is going on, cancel your service. I don't mean to pick on Dish because they are all doing the same thing but everyone can see the final results.

h1bdish.png
Administrator
([email protected])

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 am

Thank you,

For the information. I agree with what you said wholeheartedly. I have literally seen millions of dollars spent on outsourcing go right down the toilet, time and again. "Lean principals" has been the latest flavour used to gut Quality Assurance in many industries, including anything software related. I always tested the products I was responsible for completely, even if I had to do some of it off the clock. Perhaps when enough execs are led away in handcuffs, good software practices and processes will be re-implemented?

Cheers,

belter-one

Return to “Scams and Swindles”