4K model delayed

Discussions, tools and files related to Manhattan.
gimpy
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

4K model delayed

Post by gimpy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Jeff's new 4K receiver has been delayed because it is too ugly to market. :eek:
Sorry everyone.

I received the case and rejected it. It all looks good in a photo shoot, but it is really ugly in person. I had to reject it on the ugly scale and they also took out 2 USB ports. This is unacceptable to us. So we are working out the issue.

I'm not going to be bullied to purchasing something that is not to our standards and what we agreed too. My agent is working hard to resolve the issue.

We should have the resolved shortly after close to a years time working on this.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Jeff S.
Manhattan-Digital

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: 4K model delayed

Post by jess76 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks for the up-date; If it is not up to your standards then don't take it! Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

gimpy
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by gimpy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Jeff says the following
I just wanted thank everyone for their input. We are now back on track for a late January early February delivery of this 4K box using the Hisilicon 3798 V200 chipset. There are a couple SW issues to resolve and we rejected the case as indicated before. So they are making a new one for us.

We will have another box coming soon as well.

Rick will be announcing this new unit soon.

Take care and thank you for your support.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

Manhattan
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Manhattan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:50 pm

I wanted to respond to the person from Canada who likes to diss me for some reason.

But in response to other people that may not know what my past is.

I worked for a company called Eurosat based out of London. We started and office here in the states. So when the name brand "Manhattan" came to bear. It was I that came-up with the name and was adapted by Eurosat. When I started this business, I asked Abbas if we can share this name and he agreed. To what point was this Eurosat or mine, no-one cars except this person from Canada! We have offered two boxes and none of these boxes came from Europe or any of the SW (software).

I could care less what this person thinks, but I wanted to rest of you to know the true story.

Thank you for your support!

The 4K unit is still on track for this new year!

Regards,

Jeff Schumann

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Manhattan wrote:I wanted to respond to the person from Canada who likes to diss me for some reason.
There will always be someone who don't agree with you and will cause trouble. By being in the public spotlight your an open target. It's not right but it is what it is.

:beer
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

gimpy
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by gimpy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Latest news from Jeff :thankyousign:

Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all again for your input. My apologies for not responding, it has been a rough time for me. Hopefully by the end of the month I can converse more freely. What I can say is that the Hisilicon is going to play a lot of what you guys want for 4.2.2, the formats, communications that you requested. I'm fighting the box because they inserted a SATA drive and I want this changed out and add another USB 3.0 port. So that is why I have not received the samples for the S2 version. IP wise we are loading the most used IP apps so you don't have to and testing the changes SW from Google. I'm struggling with the main remote and my wife helped me with that. Yes, she uses the remote too! But we will have all the other remotes with qwerty, voice recognition, the latest air remotes you can choose from that will work well with your unit.

The other chipset we will get to work on 4.2.2 channels but maybe not all the formats you want or are not up there at this time. This will be more a basic 4K unit with just IP in it and priced accordingly.

We are trying to accommodate the issue on mechanical polarizer. While we understand the desire and need. We are willing to add this on, but our Chinese partners are not. Our thought was to devise a RS-232 plug since all the wires are not used inside. If you do use mechanical, all you would need is the device to plug into RS-232 and use the SW enclosed. Again, getting the Chinese to make such device is the issue, we have the desire and will push this forward with the unit itself.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

Lincoln64
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Lincoln64 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am

Sounds like smoke and mirrors with all the jumping around they appear to be doing.
I would like to see an honest answer to the questions without going off on other tangents as appears to be the case with his replies /posts he makes on this receiver.
That is the way it appears to me while reading through the different posts on this 4k receiver.
My approach is now, "I'll believe it when I see it".

gimpy
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by gimpy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Bad news. Jeff has abandoned the 4K project according to Rick:
The news that I am aware of, is that the current plan for this receiver has now been dropped.

Mr. Schumann had a write up that he wanted to post here in our forum, but the language that was in that statement is not allowed in our forum. I asked him to consider re-writing his remarks, so it would meet the rules of our forum and he declined to do so and stated that he stands by everything that he had written. We do NOT allow cursing in this forum. It might be fine in other forums, but it is not allowed here.

I encouraged him to post it on the front page of his website at http://www.manhattan-digital.net.

I just checked his home page and do not see it listed.

I will leave it to Mr. Schumann if he wishes to make the reasons why the plans on this particular model has been dropped, as I do not feel it is my place to state those reasons. He and his posts are still welcomed here, as long as they conform to the rules of the forum.

I still encourage him to continue his efforts and I do still offer his current receiver, the RC1978 Model.

This forum is a tool for our business and we also use it to allow people with the same interests to gather in a friendly place and to also bring new people into the hobby and we do not want it to be used for other purposes.

Thanks,

Rick Caylor
Ricks Satellite

Another Great Day to Be Alive!

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Jeff got burned with this receiver. The Asian manufacturer won't deliver the goods and kept Jeff's deposit of $100k. :mad:
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Trang

Post by Trang » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:49 am

We started and office here in the states. So when the name brand "Manhattan" came to bear more
. It was I that came-up with the name and was adapted by Eurosat. When I started this business, I asked Abbas if we can share this name and he agreed.
Play dolphins game
 always

Return to “Manhattan”