Linkbox 9000i local

Discussions, tools and files related to Linkbox.
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Linkbox 9000i local

Post by jess76 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

I've been reading reviews on this box, and am saving the $ for one of these. It's made by the same people that gave us Pansat. This model has Sat, Iptv, and OTA all in one box. I have also read that the OTA guide works! Maby Santa will be nice to me. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Linkbox 9000i local

Post by jess76 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:47 pm

I have been playing with this box quiet a bit. I have a "test"F/W ver in it now. There are a few bugs to be worked out, but this reciever has a lot of posibilites. On iptv there is a ton of stuff. Has xbmc, and you can also load a lot of other things. This is going to be my primary reciever in my line-up. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

internetprofiles1
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by internetprofiles1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:16 am

thinking about getting one of these for local reception too instead of having 2 boxes, how is this compared to the Skybox F5?

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Don't have a Skybox,but the Linkbox9000i local is a great box! It will do iptv bdmx, ota, and sat[ also can add 'turbo" tuner]. These are made by the same people that gave us those wonderful Pansat receivers. There are a couple of "test" F/W, with the latest being 1.2.5. The only offical F/W is 1.1.1. It has CC and there is a guide for OTA. This is probably the best out there at present. Manhattan is planning on something later this year like the "local", with a few added features. Have to wait and see. Jess out in California

elko
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by elko » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Jess76,

Does this receiver take two tuners simultaneously (one for DVB-S2 and another for OTA)? Does the guide feature actually work (is it correctly populated for locals)?

I've been looking into purchasing a unit.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 am

Acording to the spec sheet; yes. There is a spot to add the "turbo" tuner. The guide works as long as the OTA brodcaster is sending it. It may take a little time to populate. It also has CC. There is still a problem with the correct time though. It is best to put it on an OTA ch before turnning it off; seems to keep the time that way. Jess out in California

lucky53
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by lucky53 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:06 pm

How does the linkbox work on the G-19 mux 3980-H-30000

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:32 pm

The Linkbox works like a Pansat 9500, its an new model with less sensitivity than the 9500 according to Linkbox. If you want to use it for OTA word is its changing in 2017 to a new ATSC format that the old tuners wont get.

That mux on 97 is sporadic and hit and miss. Guys with 12 footers are even having problems according to reports at Ricks lately. I quit looking at it for 3 reasons. 1) It worked on and off, more off. 2) The picture sucks. 3) It's going to be encrypting soon regardless of what some think. If your looking to buy a new receiver just for that mux save your money. If you need a new one because an old one died then the Linkbox will perform as all the low cost FTA receivers perform. Good on some things bad on others. None are perfect or ever will be.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Glenn
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Glenn » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:09 pm

I don't like to be negative about things, but my experience with the Linkbox is that it will not receive signals my other inexpensive receivers pick up, using the exact antennas. And I experimented several times. Same results each time. It simply will not detect some signals at this location for some reason. First time I ever came across one that appears to have less sensitivity than others. They always get the same stuff. But not this one! Like I stated; I tried several times, and simply could not believe it! But this is just my personal experience. Nothing 'scientific'.

It does have other features that supposedly make it a great deal. I guess they out-weigh the lack of some FTA reception. I bought it for my wife, but guess she is not interested in the other features. We already get 69 local OTA tv channels! I am personally not interested in the other features it offers. So have not tried them.
Last edited by Glenn on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

The receiver is only a 1/3 of the equation. The dish and what type of feed system you have on it are the other 2/3rds. Some receivers will not work well with lnbf's and others will. Some receivers that work with lnb's do not do so good using a feed horn and lnb's. I am pleased with my Linkbox 9000i local. The OTA info does not display as well as my iview 3500 soes, but over all it is still a very good receiver. I still use a polorotor feed horn with C and Ku lnb,s. Jess out in California

Return to “Linkbox”