Made in China Receivers

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Made in China Receivers

Post by dishcrank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Does this forum permit discussions about satellite receivers made in china?

I was banned at another forum when I asked for support. So, I am just checking here before posting about my receiver problem.

The Rules of the Forum have been updated to clearly state that the Discussion or Promotion of the Various Cheap Receivers, mostly coming from China that are being sold on Amazon and other sources and shipping directly to customers in the US without going through US Customs is no longer allowed in the forum.

I have posted this several times, but it continues to happen. Members that make such a post will either be moved to the New Member Section and they will be Banned from the Forum.

I am not going to pay for this forum and continue to allow others to use it to promote cheap products sold from China and other places that do not pay any licensing or trademark fees and ship their units to the US in small quantities to avoid having to go through customs inspections and being confiscated. They are stealing technology without paying for the rights to use it. It is the same as hacking or using IKS to steal dish network signals. which is also not allowed to be discussed here. Some of these receivers are being shipped into the US preloaded with IKS Hacking software. I can't stop anyone from purchasing the receivers and supporting those companies, but I can stop it from being promoted here! Our Government should be doing something about this. I hope something will be done in the future.

If you want to discuss these units, then take your discussions elsewhere or start your own forum. Such discussions are not allowed in this forum.

People that are supporting these companies by purchasing their products are taking business away from legally run United States businesses that have to pay the fees and taxes. Those that continue to support companies like this will cause legit businesses to close and forums like this one, to go away.

If any questions, please call or write to me or read the rules of the forum: http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/po ... trail=15#1

Thanks,

Rick Caylor
Ricks Satellite USA

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: Made in China Receivers

Post by tek2000 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Discussions are welcome, but no advertising or links.

The best receivers for this hobby, in my opionion, are those designed in Europe and running open source Linux (e.g. Enigma 2). Nothing else comes even close in terms of quality and features. Unfortunately, the designers in Europe don't pay much attention to North American requirements, but we are working on a solution that will hopefully bring this technology here.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Chinese receivers tend to be cheaply constructed and aren't always as reliable either. Vu+, Dream, GigaBlue and the now defunct Azbox from Portugal are much better quality builds and it shows throughout. Amiko and Manahattan aren't bad either, but they can't compare to the big boys either. The most popular receiver right now is Linkbox 9000i, which is above average quality.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Foxcreek
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Foxcreek » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:52 pm

fatso,

I,m pretty sure that all the Linkbox receivers are made in South Korea

not China. Most all receivers made in South Korea including the famous

Sonicview's have always been the best !

foxcreek :cool2

norman881
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by norman881 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:17 pm

I think Linkbox is associated with the old Pansat group.
10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/DG380 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1 PLL LNBF

Return to “All Other Receivers”