Dish Mover . . . .

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
gtalover1
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Dish Mover . . . .

Post by gtalover1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 pm

All,

Can FTA receivers move a C Band Satellite Dish? Or do I have to continue using my old GI IRD to move to different satellites?

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: Dish Mover . . . .

Post by tvroadmin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Dude, you are living in the past. :oldman

Modern DiSEqC capable receivers (pretty much all of them like Zgemma, Edision and other enigma2 stbs), can communicate with a modern controller to move your dish.

The only controller on the market that can't do this is the one sold by Rainier (but they don't tell you this). It has no coax sat connection, therefore no DiSEqC support which means you have to move the dish manually. :thumbsdown Buy a controller with an F type satellite connector in the rear if you want it to automatically move the dish based on channels changes coming from your receiver.

Contact our sponsors Tek2000.com and Satellites-Gallore.com for movers and receivers.

Configuration is described in this tutorial

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... 47d032d45d
Administrator
([email protected])

gtalover1
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by gtalover1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:04 am

tvroadmin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm
Dude, you are living in the past. :oldman

Modern DiSEqC capable receivers (pretty much all of them like Zgemma, Edision and other enigma2 stbs), can communicate with a modern controller to move your dish.

The only controller on the market that can't do this is the one sold by Rainier (but they don't tell you this). It has no coax sat connection, therefore no DiSEqC support which means you have to move the dish manually. :thumbsdown Buy a controller with an F type satellite connector in the rear if you want it to automatically move the dish based on channels changes coming from your receiver.

Contact our sponsors Tek2000.com and Satellites-Gallore.com for movers and receivers.

Configuration is described in this tutorial

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... 47d032d45d
Yep. I'm a real Die-hard. I'm still stuck in 1986 when I could install a C Band Satellite TV System from "crate to watching TV" in several hours. Alot has changed since then. I am looking forward to diving head first back into the hobby again soon. All new hardware. Full time devotion to the hobby. Price will be no matter. State of the art. I will be able to learn about this new stuff (DiSEqC, Titanium, ....).

Thanks a bunch for everything.

C-Band Lover
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by C-Band Lover » Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm

tvroadmin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:41 pm

The only controller on the market that can't do this is the one sold by Rainier (but they don't tell you this). It has no coax sat connection, therefore no DiSEqC support which means you have to move the dish manually. :thumbsdown
They also act as if it is something new and something they make. :hehehe:
It has been around for years in China and Europe called the EZ-2000.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Fri May 31, 2019 1:02 am

C-Band Lover wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm
They also act as if it is something new and something they make. :hehehe:
It has been around for years in China and Europe called the EZ-2000.
Yes, in addition to selling an obsolete Cisco receiver, Glen also sells an obsolete dish mover. It looks like leftover stock from the 1980s. Same with their funny looking feed assembly. Was Glen's dad :oldman a TVRO salesman back in the day? :thinking

Our members can buy a modern dish mover with DiseqC support and good price from our sponsor:

http://www.tek2000.com/cgi-bin/web.cgi? ... itioner-ND
Administrator
([email protected])

bugga

Post by bugga » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 am

C-Band Lover wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm
They also act as if it is something new and something they make.
They were dancing in the streets when Titanium announced he was retiring his mover. Pathetic!

Return to “All Other Receivers”