DirecTV Now raising prices by $10 per month

Discussions about the latest IPTV industry news.
rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Post by rusty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:41 pm

:reallyangry Well...it sounds like they are digging their own grave if you ask me. It also gets worse
AT&T will also start to sell DIRECTV packages as a streaming-only version. You will now have the option in AT&T stores to get DIRECTV packages as a streaming package, but the pricing will reportedly be the same as the satellite version. AT&T will also stop selling the new Plus and Max packages in AT&T stores. Now if you want to signup for streaming in an AT&T store, you will have to pay the same price as DIRECTV satellite.

According to our sources, AT&T will be selling a 65+ channel streaming version of DIRECTV for $93 a month, an 85+ version of DIRECTV for $110 a month, a 105+ channel version of DIRECTV for $124, and a 125+ channel version of DIRECTV for $135 a month streaming online.
They are now admitting that streaming prices will be the same as satellite prices. :wtf It won't end well...

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/directv ... -packages/
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Pianist3
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: DirecTV Now raising prices by $10 per month

Post by Pianist3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:36 am

That's not gonna work in my area. Not enough internet, and when there is, its capped. I use to have their satellite service, and enjoyed it. But I got tired of paying it. They won't even let you buy your receiver out right. You have to keep sighing the contract, which gives them the right to withdraw, for equipment fees if you become default.

zack
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by zack » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:19 pm

ORBY TV is sounding better with every post I read like these!

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:35 am

zack wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:19 pm
ORBY TV is sounding better with every post I read like these!
Sure is...

Directv Now is giving the boot to discovery, amc and viacom, channels which are included in the basic orby tv package.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/viacom ... 203162500/

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:33 pm

That ought to help them stop losing customers to streaming and cord cutting. /snark

They think just like governments do. The only thing governments think of is how to raise taxes and give you less service and both Dave/Charlie do the same thing. People can move from high tax areas to lower ones and people can also tell the pay providers to 'stuff it where the sun doesn't shine'...and they are.

Orby is on to something here. Sell the receiver and dish outright. A decent package at a price point people can afford with half way watchable resolution and no contracts so they can get out of it at any time. And for those of us that already have dishes you risk a hundred bucks on a receiver and after a month or two if you don't like it your not out a fortune or stuck in a contract.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

Return to “IPTV News”