Door to door Dish salesmen

For discussions not appropriate for any other forum. We reserve the right to moderate and/or remove any posts made here without notice.
a1gonquin
Banned
Banned
Articles: 0

Door to door Dish salesmen

Post by a1gonquin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 pm

3 weeks ago I had the displeasure of having 2 Dish salesmen attempting to strong arm me into getting rid of my big dish to sub to Dish & their baloney. Took over 5 minutes for these ginks to finally hear the word "NO" & get off my lawn. 3 weeks later they are back pushing an unknown brand of home security systems - to which I loudly said "GO AWAY!" Each carried clipboards loaded with propaganda & a Dish logo on one of their shirts!
What audacity! :boo!
I'm inclined to believe that this post wasn't too far from the truth now:
http://www.tvrosat.com/phpBB-3.0/phpBB3 ... 7853#p7853

So to all those out there that hate Charlie Ergen, watch out for the door to door boogeymen soon to arrive at your door. If you like being accosted at your front door I'm sure you'll enjoy the CES big talk at the pizza forum. Ahem.

Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year to the staff of tvrosat & their sponsors.
SnottySmokeBlowing.gif
SnottySmokeBlowing.gif (1014.3 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
10ft TeeCom, 7.5 ft Perfect Ten, Andrews 1m Ku, Technomate 5402-M3, Ferguson Ariva 4K, Cisco 9865, Moto DSR922, 50" Vizio UHDTV, C-band sub :chaplin

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Door to door Dish salesmen

Post by fatso » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Dish subscription base is collapsing behind the scene (dtv and cable too). People are either too broke to subscribe or finding alternative methods of watching television. People are fed up with these middle men and moving to OTA, streaming and even cband. Actually, if you combine these 3 approaches (ota, streaming and cband), you will have more television than you ever dreamed possible. Pundits call it the cord cutting revolution! :toasting
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:15 am

They are getting killed by streaming video just like music industry got killed over a decade ago by streaming music. They will have to either evolve or go extinct. By 2020, there may not even be a dbs business, even directv/att have admitted this much...

If you live in the boonies :nanana: like me it may not be so obvious cause the internet is still too slow for streaming, but in all major cities and most large towns 50mbps download speeds are now quite common and very affordable.
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

clank
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by clank » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 am

a1gonquin wrote:3 weeks ago I had the displeasure of having 2 Dish salesmen attempting to strong arm me into getting rid of my big dish to sub to Dish & their baloney. Took over 5 minutes for these ginks to finally hear the word "NO" & get off my lawn. 3 weeks later they are back pushing an unknown brand of home security systems - to which I loudly said "GO AWAY!" Each carried clipboards loaded with propaganda & a Dish logo on one of their shirts!
What audacity! :boo!
I'm inclined to believe that this post wasn't too far from the truth now:
http://www.tvrosat.com/phpBB-3.0/phpBB3 ... 7853#p7853

So to all those out there that hate Charlie Ergen, watch out for the door to door boogeymen soon to arrive at your door. If you like being accosted at your front door I'm sure you'll enjoy the CES big talk at the pizza forum. Ahem.

Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year to the staff of tvrosat & their sponsors.
SnottySmokeBlowing.gif
Your ordeal was nothing compared to what this poor lady had to endure
Help! I don't know what to do. The dish hopper man was out at our home the other day to switch us from directv to the new dish hopper service. The hopper man's ladder fell from our roof and took out the power line to our barn and it caught on fire. Me and my husband don't know what to do, our barn is completely burn to the ground now, and our animals have no place to go.... they are cold!!!

The dish hopper man didn't even apologize, he got in his van and left when the fire started and didn't say anything to us. maybe he got scared... I dont know why he left without telling us. the hopper mans name was hojay rodrigueze

we are afraid our animals are going to die
:rotflmao: :laughfloor: :toofunny

Too funny...our buddy Scotty had to go into full damage control over at his raghole trying to shift the blame to the customer for not having farm insurance. :retarded Snotty also locked down the thread and told the poor lady to order sling next time so the mexican wouldn't have to climb her stupid barn. :hehehe: Word has it that Charlie now uses illegals for his shoddy installs and pays them in tacos! :doh No wonder Charlie and Snotty :cheekkiss were trying to rig the election for that skank Hillary a while back...remember the :pointing: fake dishnetwork poll that had Hillary ahead by double digits??? What we need now is a Trump executive order forcing these guys to lay some of those bricks for the Great Wall of Trump that will keep these illegals out...God help us all if this wall isn't built. When will they learn and start putting Americans first? When will they learn that compressed dbs and super compressed iptv can't compete with pure HD from C band? :noidea:

a1gonquin
Banned
Banned

Post by a1gonquin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Wasn't meant to be a contest....more of a heads up warning against the scam artists that are infiltrating suburbia lately.

These guys that banged on my door(& too loudly I might add) didn't know anything of OTA antennas, BUDS nor FTA. They couldn't even tell me where the local OTA towers were when I pointed out that I had Winegard antenna on the roof!
Snotty is ALWAYS doing damage control to divert attention, and to save his precious alternate income from the "forum". He gets paid for the bandwidth choking adware. Turn on your adware blockers & No Script & self-destructing cookie add-ons when you go there, IF you go there.

There has been arise of obnoxious solicitors, some legit, some scammers. There's been a sharp rise in fake construction contractors, painters, etc. Let's see if a "No Soliciting" sign helps here(IF they can read English!), otherwise its time to answer the door with a marine airhorn in hand to shut them up when they persist. :mrgreen:

As to DN installers, my next door knob neighbor's DN antenna was never correctly aimed at first - it was pointed at 129W instead of 119W as I can plainly see from the ground. She had complaints about rainfade even when it only was drizzling & they couldn't figure it out! Took months!
10ft TeeCom, 7.5 ft Perfect Ten, Andrews 1m Ku, Technomate 5402-M3, Ferguson Ariva 4K, Cisco 9865, Moto DSR922, 50" Vizio UHDTV, C-band sub :chaplin

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Dish burning down barn is a hoax according to Scott:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads ... rn.367634/
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Return to “OFF Topic Discussions”