Discuss all aspects of IPTV.
norman881
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Pluto TV is FREE TV!!!

Post by norman881 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:24 am

Pluto TV is a free channel on Roku too.
10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/DG380 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1 PLL LNBF

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 am

The uplink will be encrypting these. The hardware is in place for this. Network agreements to protect content are in breach and legal pressure is on now or loose them. How do I know this? Lets just say I know people in high places. I don't want to be a bearer of bad news but that's the facts. Anyone who thinks these were put up there ITC to appease the c band crowd or fill the 4DTV shutdown void is a fool.

FTA dealers have been using these ITC as a tool to sell their receivers. This has put a double whammy on them. First the sale of the $27 Indonesian boxes has hurt places like Rick, Casey, Skyvision and the like because they can't compete with the price. Second there will be quite a few angry customers once these are gone as many sellers have misrepresented these FTA signals as always going to be there.

Funny coincidence or not. Scottys site is pushing the $27 box quite a bit. Now does that sound like Scotty wants to throw a monkey wrench in c band and its dealers like he has right along. :thinking Scotty is Charlies puppet and Charlie wants c band dead. He was very instrumental in killing the 4D. Going as far as greenmailing Motorola and Arris. Now he's supporting the 27 buck box to kill off the mainstay FTA dealers to kill off FTA. This is Charlies last target as he wants no C banders around at all, so he can then force people to come to him for their entertainment.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

norman881
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by norman881 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Why are they available for free on Roku?

Curious,
Norman
10 FT Winegard Pinnacle w/Venture 36" Maxie Heavy Duty Ball Screw Actuator 90 cm Fortec w/DG380 and Avenger PLL LNBF Amiko HD265 & Edision OS Mio 4K Titanium ASC1 Controller & C1 PLL LNBF

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:48 pm

The future seems to be OTT and streaming content. AT&T announced the launch of their new streaming TV service today and said they hoped to move all DirecTV satellite customers to iptv by 2020. It is possible that by 2020 there may not be any kind of satellite dish subscription (except Glen's cband :grin: ) service left in the USA.

http://www.tvrosat.com/phpBB-3.0/phpBB3 ... 126&t=4502
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:30 pm

satdish wrote: Funny coincidence or not. Scottys site is pushing the $27 box quite a bit. Now does that sound like Scotty wants to throw a monkey wrench in c band and its dealers like he has right along. :thinking Scotty is Charlies puppet and Charlie wants c band dead. He was very instrumental in killing the 4D. Going as far as greenmailing Motorola and Arris. Now he's supporting the 27 buck box to kill off the mainstay FTA dealers to kill off FTA. This is Charlies last target as he wants no C banders around at all, so he can then force people to come to him for their entertainment.
Coincidence or not it sure is having an impact. Old Rick posted this today
For those of you that wish to purchase the Cheap China Units that come into this country and by-pass US Customs and US Laws, feel free to go ahead and do so.

Go ahead and help to run Legal US Companies out of business.

Anyone promoting them here will be removed from this forum.

Our countries rules and regulations, in my opinion, Are Messed Up!

Different Receivers through the years have all been able to do many different things and many do very well and others have problems and even others start having problems with some feeds after the uplinker makes changes. I am sure this will continue to happen. Signals will continue to evolve and hopefully receiver manufacturers that make Legal units available for the US Market will follow and give us units that we can use and have competitive prices.

I just hope that our government will do something to level the playing field and stop sending all of our jobs overseas.

We will continue to try and find good receivers that can Pass US Customs and meet the Legal requirements to be sold Legally in the US.

If you can't tell, I feel very strongly about this. I also encourage anyone else wishing to make a follow up post to this that encourages others to purchase these units, to refer to the rules of this forum.

Thanks,

Rick
Well maybe his anger should be directed at Scott who is pushing these chinese stbs for $27 rather than giving the boot to loyal members on his forum like myself who dared to bring up the subject. I don't mean to rub salt in this wound, but everyone should know that Rick's Linkbox9000i comes from Korea. :hehehe:

ringman
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by ringman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 am

dishcrank wrote:
satdish wrote: Funny coincidence or not. Scottys site is pushing the $27 box quite a bit. Now does that sound like Scotty wants to throw a monkey wrench in c band and its dealers like he has right along. :thinking Scotty is Charlies puppet and Charlie wants c band dead. He was very instrumental in killing the 4D. Going as far as greenmailing Motorola and Arris. Now he's supporting the 27 buck box to kill off the mainstay FTA dealers to kill off FTA. This is Charlies last target as he wants no C banders around at all, so he can then force people to come to him for their entertainment.
For those of you that wish to purchase the Cheap China Units that come into this country and by-pass US Customs and US Laws, feel free to go ahead and do so.

Different Receivers through the years have all been able to do many different things and many do very well and others have problems and even others start having problems with some feeds after the uplinker makes changes. I am sure this will continue to happen. Signals will continue to evolve and hopefully receiver manufacturers that make Legal units available for the US Market will follow and give us units that we can use and have competitive prices.

I just hope that our government will do something to level the playing field and stop sending all of our jobs overseas.

We will continue to try and find good receivers that can Pass US Customs and meet the Legal requirements to be sold Legally in the US.

If you can't tell, I feel very strongly about this. I also encourage anyone else wishing to make a follow up post to this that encourages others to purchase these units, to refer to the rules of this forum.

Thanks,

Rick
Well maybe his anger should be directed at Scott who is pushing these chinese stbs for $27 rather than giving the boot to loyal members on his forum like myself who dared to bring up the subject. I don't mean to rub salt in this wound, but everyone should know that Rick's Linkbox9000i comes from Korea. :hehehe:
The success of Rainier's Cisco D9865HD kicked that Kansas boy good and will continue to do so. :thumbsup

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:41 am

dishcrank wrote:

Thanks,

Rick
Looks like Ricks sales are in the crapper. Charlies plan is working. I bet Charlie is subsidizing these 27 buck boxes so they can sell them so cheap. :thinking
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 am

Might want to check and see where the "cisco" receiver is made also. It's not Santa Clara, at corp. offices! Most everything we have is made somewhere else. Sometimes we might see that they assy in the US, but that does not mean that it is made here. Too bad we don' actually make things here in the US anymore. Just a thought from an old guy. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

cband anonymous
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by cband anonymous » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:10 am

jess76 wrote:Might want to check and see where the "cisco" receiver is made also.
People's Republic of China. :toofunny :pointing: :rotflmao: :lol2 :underchair
GOINK GOINK GOINK
Thank you :respect Charlie for bringing us America's Top 50 HD channels for free on 97 west! Being a c-band philanthropist and giving back to the community will ensure future success. Keep up the the great work!
cband anonymous

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:23 am

jess76 wrote:Might want to check and see where the "cisco" receiver is made also. It's not Santa Clara, at corp. offices! Most everything we have is made somewhere else. Sometimes we might see that they assy in the US, but that does not mean that it is made here. Too bad we don' actually make things here in the US anymore. Just a thought from an old guy. Jess out in California
Almost all electronics are built in a foreign land these days. The difference is the 9865 is built to Cisco's design specs using quality parts unlike long duck dongs 50 cent FTA INC specs using the cheapest parts available. My Cisco is going on almost 4 years old now and I never had one problem. Try that with the 50 cent boxes.

Return to “General IPTV Discussions”