Commercial dealer and forum sponsor.
tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
Articles: 0

Modular Non-Penetrating Roof Mounts

Post by tek2000 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:39 am

All,

We now have both consumer and commercial non-penetrating roof mounts (NPRM) in stock. Prices start at $999 USD. Pictured below are the consumer models with pyramid base and designed for our 8′, 10′ and 12′ antennas. The commercial models are designed for our 10′, 12′ and 13.5′ antennas.

Each modular tray measures 4′ x 2′ and weighs just over 100 lbs and can be assembled in either a “T” or “I” layout. Each tray can hold up to 8 concrete blocks (consumer models) or 9 concrete blocks (commercial models). For structurally strong roofs, you can add a second level of concrete blocks to minimize the number of modular trays required. For weaker roof structures, we recommend using additional modular trays to spread out the load and take advantage of the principle of moments (i.e. Archimedes discovery of the lever) to reduce the total ballast weight.

We recommend using 16″ x 8″ x 8″ (each weighs 36.5 lbs) concrete blocks as ballast which can be purchased for $1.61 from The Home Depot:

Concrete Blocks

The ballast weights we recommend (not including the modular tray weights) are as follows:

CONSUMER (Pyramid)

8' Mesh Dish: 800 lbs (3 trays)
10' Mesh Dish: 1400 lbs (either 3 or 6 trays)
12' Mesh Dish: 1800 lbs (6 trays)

COMMERCIAL (King Post)

10' Mesh Dish: 1600 lbs (either 4 or 8 trays)
12' Mesh Dish: 2000 lbs (8 trays)
13.5' Mesh Dish: 2400 lbs (8 trays)
16' Mesh Dish: 3000 lbs (12 trays)

We recommend 50% more ballast for solid antennas.

Always consult a structural engineer before loading the roof of a building with ballast. Local building codes may require that you reinforce the roof. FYI, saturated snow weighs 20 lbs / cubic ft and thus, each modular tray loaded with 8 concrete blocks is equivalent to 2.5' of snow covering that tray. If you add a 2nd level of concrete blocks to the tray, it becomes equivalent to 4.3' of snow. Most roofs are designed to support at least 4' of snow and 100mph winds simultaneously, so if you install your roof mount in the summer, it should be okay without any reinforcement. However, after the first snowfall and strong wind gust, you may notice a small problem :eek: if your roof was not structurally sound. :lol:

You can purchase our non-penetrating roof mounts from our online store:

NPR Mounts

npr8ftpyramid_1a.jpg

npr10ftpyramid_1.jpg
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Return to “Tek2000”