Adding satellite to ZGemma h7 's list

Discussions, tools and files related to ZGemma.
Stony
Articles: 0

Adding satellite to ZGemma h7 's list

Post by Stony » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Well hi . How does one add a satellite to the satellite list that is already installed in a zegamma h7 , the list seems to be missing Galaxy 25 at 93.2 W ? If I have to hook to a PC to do this I need my head examined for getting one of these boxes. Not real good at using forms may not ever know weather I get a reply to this but will put it out there.

skink
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Adding satellite to zegamma h7 's list

Post by skink » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 pm

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... 4768#p8598 All the information you need is in the satellite receiver setup on this site.Take some time and read about your new receiver and how to set it up.

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 am

I have a question - "Can you use the Zgemma satellite receiver straight out of the box"? By that I mean can you go straight to a satellite and scan for channels.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Just from reading your question, the answer would be NO. You will first have to confrigure the receiver to your sat system; the type of feed that is on your dish[polorotor controlled,lnb type or feed with an lnbf which is voltage controlled, and then choose whether you will scan C or KU. If you use s/w's those will have to be entered also. Remember a receiver is only a 1/3 of what is required to receive a signal from a sat. The other 2 are the dish and the feed you are using. There are a few things to set in ALL receivers before you can scan anything in. Some are easy like the Pansat and others are not like the AZ. Jess out in Fresno, California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Yes and no. It is already preset with most of the transponders for each satellite at the last data update and it doesn't blind scan. However the box itself has to be set up for your particular system. You have to set up the box with your LNB info, ect. I wouldn't try to take a lot of short cuts with a Linux box. Follow the instructions in the thread that was referenced and you'll be up and running in no time. Will just require a bit of reading and going thru the process but the thread shows you step by step exactly what to do.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: Adding satellite to ZGemma h7 's list

Post by nanirdjeff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 am

My mistake for not including my present setup equipment. I use a 4DTV as my mover and have a $27.00 satellite receiver that I purchased from China to test my system that had been dormant and not used for the past 5-10 years. This $27.00 receiver was purchased so that I could test, and physically test, all of the components of the system.

This receiver has no problem with scanning for FTA channels on any satellite. It is my intention to purchase the Zgemma receiver once the "4:2:2" and the "blind scan" features are incorporated into the receiver.

From the comments it would appear that the Zgemma can scan for the various FTA channels with no problem. If this is so, why should I bother with the "DREAMSET EDITOR".

It would seem that each purchaser of the Zgemma receiver would have to do this repetative procedure for each satellite.

Perhaps Tek2000 could best answer.

A further suggestion would be for Tek2000 to complete all of the procedures of the DREAMSET EDITOR and include it as part of the purchase price of the receiver, thus saving this old man (80), and I would guess some others, of going through this labourous procedure.

Just my two cents worth.

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:50 pm

A further suggestion would be for Tek2000 to complete all of the procedures of the DREAMSET EDITOR and include it as part of the purchase price of the receiver, thus saving this old man (80), and I would guess some others, of going through this labourous procedure.
The editor is downloaded and placed on your computer. There is no way that an equipment provider can set it up on your personal computer, you have to do that yourself. It's just that there are so many things on the various channels and transponders [various settings, packet identifiers, service identifiers ect] that it's pretty impossible to do it all with the remote control that comes with the box.

A linux set top box is basically a computer put inside small aluminum box that also has a couple of satellite inputs on it. There is a lot more to it and a lot more options on such a box than a standard set top box with embedded firmware. If your not up to the challenge of the Zgemma there are other receivers that will do full HD including blindscan that are a lot simpler to set up and use. They probably wouldn't be able to do 4K though but at this point not everyone has a 4K capable television and there are not yet many transponders that send 4K video that are free to air.
From the comments it would appear that the Zgemma can scan for the various FTA channels with no problem. If this is so, why should I bother with the "DREAMSET EDITOR".
You don't have to use the editor, it's completely optional. If you master the editor it allows you to add and delete transponders along with various satellites as well as to easily delete channels that are no longer in the stream. A lot of these things are easier to do with a stand alone editor than it is with the small buttons on your remote control.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm

nanirdjeff wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 am

Just my two cents worth.
Hi nanirdjeff,

You must have read my mind. :wink: We are actually working on a master channel list based on our satellite charts. It will cover all the satellites from 12°w to 135°w. It should be ready in about a week. All new ZGemma orders will have this master list loaded on the factory floor.

However, keep in mind that over time, the list will not be up-to-date and owners of the ZGemma will have to use Dreamset Editor to make their own updates. This will be as simple as loading the latest master list to the receiver.

On another note, we are looking at a 4.2.2 mpeg4 solution using a cam module (instead of new receiver). A couple of advantages to this solution:

1. Current owners of the ZGemma can purchase the cam.
2. If the 4.2.2 profile changes in the future or another broadcaster uses a different format, we can release a cam update that will support the changes.
3. The cam can also be programmed to convert IP satellite streams to DVB-S2, which means even more channels!
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 pm

I thank you Tek2000 - your comments must have been entered as I was answering Arion. Very interesting comments. Which brings up another question - "What is a cam module".

PS. Is there a section within TVROSAT on the various descriptions of the technical terminologies used.

I thank you for all replies.

elko
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by elko » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 am

nanirdjeff wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:07 pm
I thank you Tek2000 - your comments must have been entered as I was answering Arion. Very interesting comments. Which brings up another question - "What is a cam module".
CAM = Conditional Access Module

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional-access_module

The receiver has a CAM slot, so they are looking at doing the 4.2.2 conversion with a CA module. Since there is no conditional access involved per se, a better description might be "4.2.2 module". Interesting.

Return to “ZGemma”