H7.AC Dolby Surround Question.

Discussions, tools and files related to ZGemma.
supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator
Articles: 0

H7.AC Dolby Surround Question.

Post by supwiddiss » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm

Okay. Last night I was watching a C-Band feed on my receiver. Was listening to it through my HT receiver.
I noticed that the Dolby Digital indicator wasn't lit on my HT receiver. The broadcast was AC3. OpenATV 6.2.

So, I found settings in Audio that finally put the HT in Dolby Digital.
The rear surround speakers weren't working. I know they work. Dolby Digital broadcasts on terrestrial and Roku streams lock the receiver in Dolby Digital AC3.

I got curious and downloaded a Dolby Digital test file from 2 different sites and sent them to my HDD on the H7.
Opened the stock Media Player plugin. Each channel tested was discrete. Gunshot, ricochets, rumble in the sub. Helicopter circling overhead.
Switched back to sat and the HT was locked in on DD. But apparently the rear and sub weren't working in scenes where it would.

Here's the setup:
H7 > HDMI > Sony X930E > Optical Out > HT 7.1 stereo system.
Sony ATSC tuner > Optical Out > HT Stereo....
Roku > HDMI > Sony TV > Optical Out > HT Stereo.

Are there alternate audio driver's out there for the H7 chipset that anyone knows about?
Any brainiacs out there?

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Re: H7.AC Dolby Surround Question.

Post by supwiddiss » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am

Hey. I help you, you help me.

Okay. No responses.
What is the audio engine in Open ATV that puts sound to HDMI and optical?
Since we have audio settings options, there should be a set of telnet instructions to help me find out the problem of no Dolby Surround on individual speakers watching satellite but DO have with the media player.

Help!!

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 am

What is the audio engine in Open ATV that puts sound to HDMI and optical?

Probably nobody has gotten back with you because nobody knows. This isn't the OpenAtv forum that compiles their images. Why don't you ask your question on their forum with the people that put it together?
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Understood. I know the H7 is pushed and supported here.
Not knowing if the audio comes direct from the chipset or from the chipset to a Codec.
If that were the case it would answer why the media player with a Dolby test file provides discrete audio but satellite with Dolby content does not.
I was looking for a plugin to let me know the current state of operation.
A Linux guy could tell. But understood if nobody knows.

Return to “ZGemma”