Video - Diginets - Digital subchannel - Over the air FREE TV

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
HappySatellite
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Video - Diginets - Digital subchannel - Over the air FREE TV

Post by HappySatellite » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 pm

[youtube]7RdU7EtEcBY [/youtube]

THE HAPPY SATELLITE NERD EPISODE 77
In broadcasting, digital subchannels are a method of transmitting more than one independent program stream simultaneously from the same digital radio or television station on the same radio frequency channel. This is done by using data compression techniques to reduce the size of each individual program stream, and multiplexing to combine them into a single signal. The practice is sometimes called "multicasting".
#FTA #FreeToAir #SatelliteTV #FreeTV #TVRO
#AntennaTV #Streaming #TV #cordcutting #OTT
The ATSC digital television standard used in the United States supports multiple program streams over-the-air, allowing television stations to transmit one or more subchannels over a single digital signal. A virtual channel numbering scheme distinguishes broadcast subchannels by appending the television channel number with a period digit (".xx"). Simultaneously, the suffix indicates that a television station offers additional programming streams. By convention, the suffix position ".1" is normally used to refer to the station's main digital channel and the ".0" position is reserved for analog channels. For example, most of the owned-and-operated stations/affiliates of Ion Television transmit six streams in the following format:

Canada
Although digital television services in Canada use the same ATSC technology as the United States, none of the stations currently broadcasting a digital signal transmit any subchannel other than a possible HD service or a standard definition simulcast of the main channel. Unlike the FCC in the United States, the body that governs Canadian broadcasting licenses, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), requires stations to file license amendments in order to be considered for permission to carry digital subchannels (this differs from the Commission's rules for premium cable television services, which allow the addition of multiplex channels consistent with the service's license requirements without the need to amend the license). On August 17, 2012, the CRTC gave approval to Leamington, Ontario community station CFTV-TV to broadcast four local subchannels on its digital signal, making it the first station in Canada to launch original content on its multiplex channels.

List of United States terrestrial television networks
NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, The Cw
World
PBS Kids
PBS
Nonprofit/cooperative
NHK World
Minnesota Channel
MiND (MiND: Media Independence)
MHz WorldView / MHz Networks
France 24
FNX (First Nations Experience)
DW-TV (Deutsche Welle)
Create 2006
Classic Arts Showcase

MyNetworkTV
MeTV Classic TV series
Antenna TV Classic TV series and movies
Escape Suspense/drama/women's interest
Grit Action/westerns/men's Interest
Laff Comedy
This TV Movies and TV shows
Bounce TV African-American programming
Ion Television Commercial/syndication service
Comet Science Fiction
GetTV Classic movies & shows
qubo Commercial (Children's)
Heroes & Icons Classic TV series and films
Decades Classic TV & films/Historical documentaries
Movies! Feature films
Cozi TV Classic TV series/movies/lifestyle
Quest Adventure programming
TBD
Start TV Female lead Procedural dramas
Buzzr Game shows
Charge! Action series and movies
Retro TV Commercial, reruns
Light TV
The Country Network
AMGTV
Soul of the South Network
Heartland Country music/lifestyle
The Family Channel

Ion Life Health/lifestyle;
Justice Network True Crime/Investigation
Rev'n Automotive
Live Well Network
TBD Talk/lifestyle
The Action Channel Men's Interest
Biz Television Business and financial information
WeatherNation TV
Stadium Sports
Newsmax TV News/Documentaries Conservative Talk
Tuff TV Male interest programming
AccuWeather Channel
Youtoo America (formerly America One)
Untamed Sports TV
DrTV Health/lifestyle
Frost Great Outdoors
Pursuit Channel Sports and recreation
NewsNet

Tags:

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Video - Diginets - Digital subchannel - Over the air FREE TV

Post by fatso » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 am

Great info. Here in northern ontario the only way to watch diginets is with the BUD. All diginets are fed to network broadcasters by c-band which is good news for us big dish owners.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 am

Diginets. That's the catch phrase I've been looking for. As per my post in another section I have diginets that my cable provider has ITC.
Channels read 23.29, 23.621, 24.10, 24.13, 26.60, 26.622, and so on on my TV's and HDHomerun tuner.
Also as I mentioned I don't have any OTA channels is my area to test the ATSC tuner on my receiver.
That leaves doubts that my H7.AC even is capable of tuning in diginets.
So the challenge. Even if you have channels on your cable that require a cable decoder, the tuner in the H7 SHOULD tune them.
I have many channels that come in on those devices and those that do need a decoder box show as scrambled.
Could someone reading this do a cable scan with the ATSC tuner and see if it picks anything up? You may need an xml to match the frequencies.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 pm

supwiddiss wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 am
Also as I mentioned I don't have any OTA channels is my area to test the ATSC tuner on my receiver.
That leaves doubts that my H7.AC even is capable of tuning in diginets.
It tunes them fine. See the video above by Happysat.
supwiddiss wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 am
I have many channels that come in on those devices and those that do need a decoder box show as scrambled.
Could someone reading this do a cable scan with the ATSC tuner and see if it picks anything up? You may need an xml to match the frequencies.
Why not just purchase an Hauppauge 955Q USB tuner and use it on your ZGemma H7 for itc cable? There are drivers for it and others have reported it works fine. Then you will have satellite, ota, cable and streaming on a single box. How much more tv does a man need? :wink

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 pm

That would have been fine. I guess the whole concept of my feeble thinking is that if anyone bought a tuner today for the USA today, it should perform equally well on an antenna and cable tv.
Because that is exactly how the Sony's and Sanyo TV's work here. As well as the Silicondust HDHomerun.
Perhaps an over sight by Tek, but the H7 can't. So I paid for a receiver with an extra tuner that is useless other devices have no problems with.
I can get into the hows and whys, but w/o a valid frequency and modulation list in the atsc.xml for cable channels (maybe I read your reply wrong),
the H7 aint-a-gonna-scan them. No sarcasm meant at all. I'd just have expected to not have to find this out after the fact.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm

supwiddiss wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 pm
Perhaps an over sight by Tek, but the H7 can't. So I paid for a receiver with an extra tuner that is useless other devices have no problems with.
The tuner is not useless. It receives OTA terrestrial signals just fine. The ZGemma H7 was advertised as a 4K DVB-S2 satellite receiver with ATSC tuner. It was never advertised as a digital cable box, because contrary to what you say, cable providers encrypt all their content with the possible exception of a few barker channels. You seem to have some sort of agenda. If that is the case, please review our forum rules. Bashing sponsors is not permitted and you will be banned if you continue.

And oh yeah, we are still waiting for those mysterious 4K feeds that "you" and your "friend" can tune but nobody else knows anything about, including SES. Hogwash? :thinking
Administrator
([email protected])

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:30 pm

tvroadmin wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm
supwiddiss wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:41 pm
The tuner is not useless. It receives OTA terrestrial signals just fine. The ZGemma H7 was advertised as a 4K DVB-S2 satellite receiver with ATSC tuner. It was never advertised as a digital cable box, because contrary to what you say, cable providers encrypt all their content with the possible exception of a few barker channels. You seem to have some sort of agenda. If that is the case, please review our forum rules. Bashing sponsors is not permitted and you will be banned if you continue.

And oh yeah, we are still waiting for those mysterious 4K feeds that "you" and your "friend" can tune but nobody else knows anything about, including SES. Hogwash? :thinking
Firstly the channels are on a chinabox receiver with blindscan capabilities. And my buddy is trying to find a way to export them to a file instead of typing each individual find. So. Patience, grasshopper. It even gets the MC radio channels. For what...90 bucks?

Secondly if and when my Linux and router skills are tuned a bit better I'll invite you to log into my HDHomerun Extend and watch channels all day long. All you'll have to do is install the app on your pc and see that I in fact do have itc channels all over the place. No caco box needed.

If diginet freqs. can in fact be received (not knowing if the H7.AC is even capable...but willing to learn!) on my receiver. I believe I've asked the correct questions to get just one to tune in. I'm very much into RF tech.

ATSC is the standard which replaced NTSC. Cool, right? Wiki that. So we get pixelation instead of snow in a weak sig. situation. Because ATSC is digital.
And an ATSC tuner should demod. to a picture. Again I get "diginets" that tune in on my TV and the HDHR w/o anything but a coax screwed to the back of them. I thought this may be a friendly place to share and find out the inner workings of the guts of these boxes.
Traffic here is a bit sparse in sharing knowledge.

And the bashing comment. I have a lot of electronics. When I ask about a piece of amateur radio gear the vendors are more than happy to get on a display model and give me the in's and outs of them. Prior to purchase. I've asked if there were plugin tuners for my H7. VU+ receivers have them.
The plugin tuners here on the H7 are soldered in. Did you know that? No bashing at all. But every TV now has an ATSC tuner in it. They tune in ATSC signals if there are any available. Could it be the MStar MSB1237/Rafael prehistoric tuner chipset simply can't hack it?

Hand shakes and a beer? Brush and bucket of suds to wash that there hog? lol. :fencing

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:45 pm

supwiddiss won't be bothering us anymore. :byebye

The valuable members on this forum are those who find and post FTA feeds and help others with the legal reception of C Band. Keep up the great work!
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “C Band Satellite”