mpeg 4.2.2

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
greekdish
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

mpeg 4.2.2

Post by greekdish » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Now that ABC is rolling into this technology along with CBS any word of a receiver NOT computer that will open up this frequency or if i go through my computer can i mirror the image and transfer the video to my 65inch lg

Victoria
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: mpeg 4.2.2

Post by Victoria » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:06 am

Why not just use an HDMI cable from your PC?

Get a fiber optic one if it's really far away. I have my main PC connected to two separate 4K TVs in different rooms and am able to control it fully from other rooms using wireless mouse/keyboard/remotes.

You can use fiber optic HDMI to deliver full 4:4:4 chroma 4K 60 Hz via HDMI 2.0 at distances over a hundred feet away from where the PC actually is. Normal copper HDMI cables don't work for delivering the full 18 Gbps bandwidth signal after distances of around 15 feet so you have to go fiber. Any 25 ft+ non-fiber HDMI cable that claims it can do 4:4:4 chroma 4K 60 Hz is a scam.

They also make USB extension cables that can work at hundreds of feet so if your wireless accessories to control the PC won't penetrate through rooms that far from the PC then you can run one of those from one of the USB ports on your PC and then use a USB hub to connect your wireless mouse/keyboard/remote etc receivers closer to the TV where you will be using them

greekdish
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by greekdish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Victoria i got to ask you is the feed coming from your dish to your computer?also what hardware have you added to do this project?and also what program did you use to display this frequecy,PRETTY AWESOME if this works for me.I am new to savvy stuff computer to sat receiver..being old school i always did sat receiver only

Victoria
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Victoria » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 pm

This software is TSReader and all you need is to install a tuner card in your PC.

Any of these should work well according to your needs:
https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs-dvb ... -pcie.html

There are a variety of PC programs which may provide you with a friendlier interface to tune satellites like DVBDream or DVBViewer but I mainly use TSReader since I just record everything I tune on satellite. I am not really familiar with the other programs.

A recent six or eight core CPU should have plenty of power to software decode whatever 4:2:2 feed you throw at it even if it's a 4K feed.

e.g. Intel Core i5-9600K or Ryzen 7 2700X

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 pm

I had a paid copy of TSReader when I still had a P.C. I used that and a Genpix USB receiver and was very happy with it. Even the free version tells you a lot about the transport stream. The audio on DirecTv has never been scrambled and I used TSReader along with a plugin called DSStoDVB I believe to change the DSS stream over to a DVB readable stream and then used TSReader to play the audio. The Genpix was able to decode the DSS stream and the plugin changed it to DVB format then it was simply a matter on clicking on whatever channel I wanted to listen to. If you do that you pretty much have a free satellite radio service and perfectly legal as the audio was never encrypted.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

Return to “All Other Receivers”