My superjack appears to be toast.

How do you move your dish across the satellite arc? Discuss your motorized equipment here.
belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

My superjack appears to be toast.

Post by belter-one » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Hello,

This morning my super jack stopped working. I went down and manually spun the retractable arm which eventually moved without rotating, which was unexpected. I attempted to repeak the dish on zenith, and listened to the actuator move. Something is spinning, but nothing is moving. Can you take these things apart and replace or re-tighten whatever has failed, or do I need to replace this actuator arm which has been used only since 11/31/2018? Any insight and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A beautiful day in the rain,

belter-one

Tags:

skink
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: My superjack appears to be toast.

Post by skink » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Why not take it off and have a peek?I think there is only one bolt that holds the motor to the tube that extends.I have seen where the nut inside the tube spun off the threaded rod or the threads are so worn that it was spinning around the threaded rod,or the drive pin on the motor could be broken.You won't know until you look inside.I hope you solve the problem which maybe a simple fix.

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Thank you,

Sounds great. I will have a look and send pics :-) ,

Much appreciated,

belter-one

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello,

My superjack is now confirmed toast. tek2000 has been very helpful and a new one is on the way. I was desperate to get some satellites back while I am waiting for the new superjack, so I decided to go old school using a 24 inch actuater that is not being used right now, as a stationary rod that is moved manually and then tightened in place. It actually works pretty good, though I would never recommend it. Nice having a quality picture back. And I am going to take some kindly advice given on this site to lube all the nuts and bolts liberally. I am even going to deploy the "snake" on the new actuator. Thank you all for your help.

A beautiful day,

belter-one

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Excellent,

Tek2000 sent a replacement superjack that arrived quickly and at a good price. So we are up and running. Thank you tek2000 for standing behind your product and for good advise on product maintenance.

Happy holidays and days to all,

belter-one

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:11 pm

belter-one wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:52 pm
Excellent,

Tek2000 sent a replacement superjack that arrived quickly and at a good price. So we are up and running. Thank you tek2000 for standing behind your product and for good advise on product maintenance.

Happy holidays and days to all,

belter-one
Glad we could help! Enjoy the holidays!
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Return to “Actuators/Motors”