GeoSat HD Pro with Wiegle Channels

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

GeoSat HD Pro with Wiegle Channels

Post by Gregtheham » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:30 am

After much frustration with the Weigel channels (ME TV, H&I, etc) and not receiving the SD channels, I noticed blind scan had not produced the METV HD channels. Blind scan was not finding them, but it found the HD channles using the preloaded scan list (supplied direct from the Geosat folks- 2014.4.25 files that included the most recent firmware update for the on/off cycling problem ).

After a wind alignment problem and failure of my 2ft actuator arm, I lost them all! Having to manually aim the dish was a hassle , but finally found SES1 again...Strange thing, ME TV SD came in better than before but The HD channels could not to be found using any method.
I then saw the ME SD TPs were all lower in frequency by 30 Mhz using blind scan. Entering the published specs manually would not detect the signal...Only doing a manual input, and setting it down 30 mhz worked and the HD ME TP it came in and locked full strength.

I am suspecting the Micros sat HD box to be acting a bit flaky as I notice it is writing in some TP changes when going through programing menus. It is also slowing down when doing any remote keypad inputs. I would do a reset, but had a hard enough time getting some common TP's inputed , so that I can use the received audio to help manually aim the dish ( I need to also order a V box positioner too , as I was manually using 36v and a switch to aim the dish- yea, looks like its time to drop some $ on updating the system. Replacing the worn threaded teflon busing in the actuator drive is another topic)

Unfortunately, unlike some STB like my old Fortec, you cannot seem to manually enter a TP and then use the built in signal strength audio tuner, nor can you go by the programs audio as you have to do a "program search" on the signal to store it for use. This makes aiming the dish without a locked-in program very difficult. Yes, you can use the video signal strength meter on the TV screen, but unless you bring a tv out to the dish, that wont help. (Cheap sat finders wont tell you which bird your on) With the Fortec, you could get an audio signal strength report , after you input a wanted TP's details, and just listen for it , or program audio while out in the yard...but I digress.

Just thought Id let other Geo Sat micro pro users know what I have found. Others on this forum also commented on some problems with interference from strong neighbouring TP's and the Micro HD Pros problem on locking. I haven't tried some of the recommend reprogramming via the channel listing perimeters via software.

At some point i suspect a factory rest will be required, but dont want to lose what Ihave until I get the actuator fixed/replaced and a V box.

tnx

PS- 10ft Channel Master Mesh dish , C band CM LNB with Polorator ( manually adjusted with voltage only)

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: GeoSat HD Pro with Wiegle Channels

Post by fatso » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:25 am

Sorry, I don't have a Geo Sat to test, but whenever I've had serious signal problems, I always swap the LNB (or LNBF) just to be sure. Also, swap your switch if you are using one. Sometimes the feed components will fail so you need to be vigilant.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: GeoSat HD Pro with Wiegle Channels

Post by Gregtheham » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanks fatso..
Yes, I actually tried switching lnbs...( to a fixed H/V polarized output - without any switches in line. This was rather than my usual LNB with polarservo).... Still had the same problems. Infact get much better performance with the polar servo fine tuning. I did a factory reset and still have a need to tune down 30mhz manually for receiving most tp's....( but strangely, not all of them)
Will try reflashing firmware next...I suspect something has become corrupt in the Micro Pro...will keep you all posted.

Tnx
Joe

Return to “All Other Receivers”