FTA Music on 125W 4140

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

FTA Music on 125W 4140

Post by supwiddiss » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 am

So my H7 won't grab a signal or scan this tp.
The chart says FTA.
Is it the tuner? The demodulation limitations?
What do you think?

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator

Re: FTA Music on 125W 4140

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

If I remember correctly those use DVB-S2 variable and adaptive coding modulation (i.e. VCM/ACM). The solution is probably as simple as setting a bit in the tuner chip, if the chip supports this coding mode. Other option is to use an external (UBS) TBS tuner for these.
Administrator
()

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Ahh yes. I see some info on it from reading a little.
Seems as if the H7 has quite a few features not available due to closed source code.
I'm familiar with firmware mods for other devices. Suck we have 2 different nice tuners in these receivers and no access to mod them.
Thanks for the input.

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 am

Did this go stagnant?
Fresh flash of version 6.3 on A Zgemma H7. Getting right to the point. What do all of the Service scan settings below Modulation do (Roll-off, Pilot, Input Stream ID, etc) do exactly?
Would any of those settings enable me to pull in transponders that normally do not show as active?
I have a friend who gets music channels on a chinabox receiver that do not show signal at all on his H7. Mine either. Both have the Si2169D DVB-S2X tuners in them.
Out of curiosity I plugged in a receiver I use for Ku band only and I got signal and a transponder scan, although a weak transponder. It can receive the full range of C & Ku band satellites.

I'm told the transponder is ACM/VCM. Whatever that means. All I do know is my Dreamlink receiver gets the tp and plays the music.

I've thrown my arms in the air and resigned to the fact that drivers will not be updated or enhanced for the H7 receiver. At 5 months into owning it I regret not getting a VU+.

Can anyone go line by line and explain what all the settings mean? And if changing any of them would help grab otherwise no-signal transponders that show active on chinabox receivers?

And what about that bit that was mentioned?

Thanks

Return to “C Band Satellite”