C Band Blindscanning Tips Request.

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator
Articles: 0

Re: C Band Blindscanning Tips Request.

Post by supwiddiss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:29 am

diyjeb wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm
@supwiddiss, Even though I know I receive 256QAM signals, I tried scanning with all three tuner C configuration options for ATSC provider (modulation type) and didn't find any. I work for the local cable TV company and know that I have good forward RF levels in my house.

Receiver: Zgemma H7.AC
Image: PurE2
If you could get an actual frequency list from the catv company or use your field unit to scan for freqs, then you would do as I have and added them to the atsc.xml file in etc\tuxbox. It'll only take you...hours. lol!

Remember I get actually about 104 channels with 70 or so ITC.
My HDHomerun scanned and placed the results in a file. So I did alot of c/p into the atsc.xml.
Then running a scan of that file in the H7....returned nothing. Not even in Signal Finder for predefined freqs.
It's a biggie, but not the end of the world. But it would be nice to know the exact capabilities before purchase.

FYI not off topic. The HDD in these receivers run all of the time. Only when you kill it with the rear panel power button do they shut off entirely.
How did I find out? I spliced a 5V pc fan into the HDD power connector. 12V and 5V is active all of the time, deep standby or not.
Fan will run all the time. So, that ugly triangle display LED now runs a small SSR to switch at least the fan off.

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am

supwiddiss wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:29 am
diyjeb wrote:
@supwiddiss, Even though I know I receive 256QAM signals, I tried scanning with all three tuner C configuration options for ATSC provider (modulation type) and didn't find any. I work for the local cable TV company and know that I have good forward RF levels in my house.

If you could get an actual frequency list from the catv company or use your field unit to scan for freqs, then you would do as I have and added them to the atsc.xml file in etc\tuxbox. It'll only take you...hours. lol!

My HDHomerun scanned and placed the results in a file. So I did alot of c/p into the atsc.xml.
Then running a scan of that file in the H7....returned nothing. Not even in Signal Finder for predefined freqs.
It's a biggie, but not the end of the world. But it would be nice to know the exact capabilities before purchase.

FYI not off topic. The HDD in these receivers run all of the time. Only when you kill it with the rear panel power button do they shut off entirely.
How did I find out? I spliced a 5V pc fan into the HDD power connector. 12V and 5V is active all of the time, deep standby or not.
Fan will run all the time. So, that ugly triangle display LED now runs a small SSR to switch at least the fan off.
Hello supwiddiss,

Does entering the frequencey, symbol rate and modulation (DVB-S or DVB-S2) in the user defined instance of the Signal Finder window allow you to scan these transponders into the ZGemma-H7 manually, that are found with a hardware blind scan from another receiver?
Any clarification on this will be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck,

belter-one

miko

Post by miko » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:56 am

supwiddiss wrote:
Which cable company and are you getting premium channels?

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 pm

belter-one wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:41 am
supwiddiss wrote:
diyjeb wrote:

Hello supwiddiss,

Does entering the frequencey, symbol rate and modulation (DVB-S or DVB-S2) in the user defined instance of the Signal Finder window allow you to scan these transponders into the ZGemma-H7 manually, that are found with a hardware blind scan from another receiver?
Any clarification on this will be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck,

belter-one
Nope. Been there, tried that. No dice.

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:15 pm

miko wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:56 am
supwiddiss wrote:
Which cable company and are you getting premium channels?
I'd rather not say. But every bar and restaurant here also gains from the perk of subscribing to Internet.
I'm not getting any premium channels. Locals, PBS, and many others can be received by hooking up the cable with a splitter to your TV and scanning for channels. To get premiums you of course have to have a decoder or cable card. None I have.
Never the less, the H7 third tuner is deaf.

Return to “C Band Satellite”