Is Pay TV inflation starting to get out of control? Is Dish bankruptcy imminent?

Discussions about the latest digital satellite tv industry news.
tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Is Pay TV inflation starting to get out of control? Is Dish bankruptcy imminent?

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 am

More price hikes in the pay TV world.

-30% increase at YouTube TV
-$10 increase on all DirecTV Packages

Although I didn't find any stories about Dish/Sling raising prices, I found something far worse. It seems they are maxing out a new $1 billion USD credit card to pay off another. It sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me, :finger and Moody's has downgraded their credit rating accordingly. :thumbsdown

The downgrade follows the satellite broadcaster raising $1 billion in a sale of senior unsecured debt that Moody’s said it will put towards a $2 billion principal payment due in July.

Full Story
Administrator
()

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Is Pay TV inflation starting to get out of control? Is Dish bankruptcy imminent?

Post by belter-one » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:12 pm

OMG,

We have youtube TV. It is pretty nice when we play it using our mac via a chrome browser. However it is NOT $65.00/month nice. We're done. Looking up our paid to date and canceling. That is $770/year. A person can do a lot with $770. Thank you tvroadmin for the heads up on this!

Canceling youtube now,

belter-one :swimmer:

Return to “Satellite News”