FYI 97W 3980 mux is stronger and working on my 8ft dish

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
satdish
TVRO Retired

Re: FYI 97W 3980 mux is stronger and working on my 8ft dish

Postby satdish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Harry;
Funny I have much higher quality numbers on all muxes on my 12 than 10's in my area and you tell me my dish is no good. I don't think so There's more going on with that mux than meets the eyes even Rick admits that when I spoke with him.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

DirtyHarry

Postby DirtyHarry » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Funny how the op has more quality with the 8 foot dish than your 12. Quality = a useless consumer value,,,, Amateur hour....lol,,,, Stick with bloomberg.

Later

satdish
TVRO Retired

Postby satdish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Oh were going to play the FTA receiver meters numbers game. Anyone who knows how that works knows that means crap since there are so many variables between circuits and design parameters.

At least my Bloomberg works right ALL THE TIME. I don't have to married to my dish wrench turning detuning it for some weak bitstarved crap with so many inconsistencies. Maybe you should call the uplink and tell them to crank the amps to saturation so all the six foot dish owners can watch this too. :laughfloor:
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Snotty

Postby Snotty » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:26 am

satdish wrote:Maybe you should call the uplink and tell them to crank the amps to saturation so all the six foot dish owners can watch this too. :laughfloor:

Already done and now 8 footers can lock Charlie's mux. Even US army personel can quickly and effortlessly lock these channels anywhere in the field with their new inflatable dishes as shown below. :bigsmile

You've been outfoxed my lad. Even the US army knows about 3980H. :dancer:
Watching thousands of C band channels with my :respect BIG DISH for FREE.

Opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not express the views of any particular company nor am I the publisher of Snotty's Rag.

satdish
TVRO Retired

Postby satdish » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:38 pm

Think I'll call my friend at Intelsat and see where they're at with the encryption progress.

jess76
TVRO Guru

Postby jess76 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:52 pm

This hasn't been talked about here regarding the reception of these signals. The satellite does not stay in the same spot all the time, due to the pull of the sun and moon. They are kept in a "box" by ground control with the small onboard motors on the satellite. If the satellite drifts to far out of the optimum "box" that may be the reason the signal seems to go up or down. Just a thought from an old guy. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

C-Band Lover

Postby C-Band Lover » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:54 pm

satdish wrote:Think I'll call my friend at Intelsat and see where they're at with the encryption progress.

Like a child in the sandbox. If you can't receive it no one else should.

A true satellite hobbyist would never call an uplinker about any FTA service!
Why would you ruin it for all the rest of the hobbyists who are enjoying these channels?

Z_finigan

Postby Z_finigan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 pm

It's funny how this guy has been crying about these channels being ITC since it showed up almost a year ago. I laugh at him. Thinking he can call someone and ask about when they are going to encrypt.
There is no law saying he has to. And the satellite provider is not the one who does it.
It's the up to the programmer. Which would be who ever is giving us the free tv.
We know Rainer is mad cause they wanted to do this. And could not. We were never told why. But he said at one point back a few years ago he was going to do it.
All the satellite company does is forward the stream. From the internet if that's how they linkup. Or if he connect's via satellite. Then all they do is repeat the signal. And if he pays. They turn the feed on. If I had that kind of money. I could start my own provider service.

Anyone got a few million dollar I could borrow. I'll put my own stations up. And call China and have them make a cheap box for me. That would be CA. And would link up to me. And there u go. I could be a provider. Oh and have something like websams. So you can control your boxes. That way even if I were closed. You could resend codes to box.
That was the best thing about websams. I could program both my boxes two different ways.

ringman
TVRO Retired

Postby ringman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

jess76 wrote:They are kept in a "box" by ground control with the small onboard motors on the satellite.

Well Jess, only problem is motors don't work in space. :lol: They use small rockets instead.

jess76 wrote:If the satellite drifts to far out of the optimum "box" that may be the reason the signal seems to go up or down.

If this were true and the satellite was out of the box or doing cartwheels, don't you think the other transponders would be affected too? The problem is strictly confined to 3980H and has to do with the operator's link budget.

jess76 wrote:Just a thought from an old guy.

Aaaaaamen to that. :oldman

satdish
TVRO Retired

Postby satdish » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 am

You guys can deny that this service isn't meant for extinction free in the clear as much as you want, but the facts are the facts. Here is a C&P of informed reading from a programmers agreement. I removed the provider name to protect them.

2. Encryption

Signal security for digital content of ******** networks signal at distribution and subscriber set top appliance is essential. Violation of this will result in breach of contract and termination of licensing agreement with ******** networks.

The uplinker knows this and is legally bound to the rules or will loose access to the programmers content.

Return to “C Band Satellite”