Search found 50 matches

Return

by tvroadmin
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video about TVROSAT's Satellite Chart's

Thanks HappySatellite! Great video as always. No need for the surgical mask though, unless you are going to the hospital to perform surgery. :grin: This "Flu" has been blown way out of proportion. Yes, it is highly contagious and almost everyone will contract it. Most won't even know they got it bec...
by tvroadmin
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A daily dose of Vitamin C keeps the Corona Virus away

vitaminc.png If anyone is worried about contracting the corona virus, you might want to start taking a 1,000 mg or more daily dosage of vitamin c. This idea goes back to the chemist Linus Pauling, the father of modern Chemistry. To make a long story short, Pauling concluded that the gene in humans ...
by tvroadmin
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A daily dose of Vitamin C keeps the Corona Virus away

I think the Linux operating system is named after its founder, Linus Torvalds? Please correct me if I am mistaken. If you read his wikipedia entry, it states he was named after Linus Pauling. I have no idea why. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds It may sadden some of you to know that Lin...
by tvroadmin
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trojan Horse

There are no viruses around here, including the corona one. :bigsmile The reason for the downtime we experience once in a while is because the database for either the forum or satellite arc charts gets corrupted. Lots of people trying to access information here, including many bots. So it happens, b...
by tvroadmin
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Attention Canadians: Get $2000 and buy a C Band Dish

Attention CANADIANS: I've been told Trudeau Jr. up in Canada is handing out $2,000 per month for 4 months (with possible extension) to anyone with a pulse. I've also been told anyone can apply for this money and you would have to be a moron not to. They are not vetting applicants, so you can apply w...
by tvroadmin
Thu May 14, 2020 3:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Percentage on tvro charts

Yeah, the percentage is a 'rule of thumb' to help people figure out what dish size is needed to lock a particular transponder. There are EIRP charts available from the satellite operators, but useless for most people unless they are experienced microwave engineers. In short, reliable reception depen...
by tvroadmin
Thu May 14, 2020 3:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

John Glenn and Friendship 7 on 127 west (circa 1962)

If anyone is interested, Nasa is showing some old reels of their Project Mercury missions (pre Apollo). It's in the usual place at 127 west 3920V.
by tvroadmin
Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Actuator shaft lubrication questions.

I spray WD-40 :thumbsup on all moving parts. No more noise or rust problems.
by tvroadmin
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

C band is NOT doomed. C band is the backbone and source of 99% of all the programming in the USA, and has been since the late 1970s. If C band satellites go away, so does Directv, Dish, Cable and all streaming services. They all get their content from C band satellites, not to mention all the other ...
by tvroadmin
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

Actually more and more DTH and Cable company of all sorts are relying on fiber optic for gathering programming nowadays. More and more? Let's see. Here is the Dish Network Channel Lineup for 2020: https://www.dish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/ChannelLineup.pdf A quick glance and from the top of my ...