Search found 8 matches

Return

by Victoria
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HBO and Showtime available on Rainier???????????

Personally I find HBO to be a very overhyped, overrated service. Most of my time spent watching scripted television programming these days is probably on something branded as a "Netflix Original," i.e. either something they've produced themselves or content licensed from a foreign country. Netflix h...
by Victoria
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HBO and Showtime available on Rainier???????????

Also, losing HBO on a cable or satellite TV provider is no big deal. Linear HBO on cable/satellite looks like garbage. Even their untouched 1080i H.264 C-band feeds are considerably lower quality than the 1080p H.264 versions available from their channel you can subscribe to on Amazon Prime Video. ...
by Victoria
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Waltons is coming to MeTV on Jan 01

I didn't know The Waltons was filmed in HD.🤔 Why would Metv be in 1080p when all their content was filmed in SD? The Waltons was shot on 35mm film. Anything shot on 35mm film can be scanned in in HD. CBS has remastered many of their classic series. Here's a few screenshots of The Waltons in HD. The...
by Victoria
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 Coverage (Flu Epidemic)

Reminder that this is actually a leaked bioweapon from the National Biosafety Laboratory in Wuhan: https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab/ Don't trust a word the Chinese government says. Real infection levels are at least 10x higher than the of...
by Victoria
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

A lot of the smaller cable companies are dying off and dropping TV service from their offerings these days because of low profit margins and so many people cord cutting in favor of streaming. Nowadays every cable company is an Internet service provider so they have to have robust backbones and fiber...
by Victoria
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

If the networks would just send 1080i/p H.264 or 4K HEVC feeds to providers via fiber, and then the providers would pass that feed on along to their subscribers without transcoding it again , all the problems with cable and pizza's picture quality would be fixed. I like your facts thanks. :coolsign...
by Victoria
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HBO for $10.35 on rainier

Satellite is a dead transmission medium for HBO content.

HBO Max is a much better value. It's better quality and more convenient than the linear HBO channels on C-band. I even get the service included for free with my AT&T Fiber connection.
by Victoria
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trump speech on how election was stolen

tvroadmin wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:40 am
A stolen election will mean: No oil, no guns and no God. - Donald J. Trump
Sounds good to me, lol. If silly humans didn't waste so much of their lives coping with the grim existence of reality then we'd have solved the mortality problem and be exploring the stars by now.