Search found 8 matches

Return

by fatso
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: quality drop... or signal? wi-max ect. I'm lost

Just curious if the problem here does happen to be " NOISE " is there any kind of solution for this type of problem ?? Thanks The only bullet proof method I am aware of is to add a shroud around your dish. The shroud should extend past the feed horn for best results. The purpose of the shroud is to...
by Arion
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help of 125W and 131W

Nobody here is going to help you hack. If you want it that bad figure it out for yourself.
by fatso
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

I know Canada and Mexico have both been discussing options. I don't think they have decided anything definite yet the way the US has. Here in Canada master distribution of programming is handled by Shaw Broadcast . They use the ku band. There are some networks like CTV on c band, but I think the tr...
by tvroadmin
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you guys are confusing the professional distribution of live television programming to providers with the " amateur" OTT distribution to consumers . The former needs to be 99.999% reliable or it will grind to crap and everyone down the food chain will be watching crap. The latter can buffer,...
by Victoria
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of the smaller cable companies are dying off and dropping TV service from their offerings these days because of low profit margins and so many people cord cutting in favor of streaming. Nowadays every cable company is an Internet service provider so they have to have robust backbones and fiber...
by tvroadmin
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the networks would just send 1080i/p H.264 or 4K HEVC feeds to providers via fiber, and then the providers would pass that feed on along to their subscribers without transcoding it again , all the problems with cable and pizza's picture quality would be fixed. Orby already encodes in HEVC direct...
by Victoria
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the networks would just send 1080i/p H.264 or 4K HEVC feeds to providers via fiber, and then the providers would pass that feed on along to their subscribers without transcoding it again , all the problems with cable and pizza's picture quality would be fixed. I like your facts thanks. :coolsign...
by fatso
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw this a couple of days ago. :bananna: https://spacenews.com/ses-weeks-away-from-ordering-six-c-band-satellites/ Thanks. Just saw that too. SES wouldn't be ordering more C band satellites if C band was going away. They're not that dumb. If anything, I think they will be launching more satell...