Search found 13 matches

Return

by tek2000
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True South Dish alignment using the sun

All, I noticed this excellent post on another forum about how to align your dish true south using some simple solar calculations from NOAA . I also noticed the poster was aligning our dish. :wink: I highly recommend people try this method! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup ------------------------------...
by tvroadmin
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Illegal IPTV backbone shut down in Europe

It has been said before. The sources of all the unauthorized IPTV services around the world are mostly: DirecTV, Dish, Sky (Comcast). The response from these satellite companies has been quite predictable: they have watermarked their content over the years and today can quickly and easily identify t...
by new2cband
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Claro channel cinema

There is new claro channel showing cinema on the 117 satellite. I saw just it today at 4017 h 23200.
by skink
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Harvard Scientific Dual C-band

The elbow is to make the feedhorn and lnb more compact to fit in a feedhorn cover.I have my two lnbs exposed to the elements.I just slapped on some silicone at the lnb/feedhorn coupling and use waterproof F connectors.No problem for years now(knock on wood).
by skink
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Harvard Scientific Dual C-band

What make are those lnbs?Every lnb I bought,came with a rubber gasket that fits in between the feedhorn and lnb.I suppose if you put a small bead of silicone caulking around the mating surface of the lnb and feedhorn(on the outer perimeter where the groove for the gasket seats)and around the outside...
by tvroadmin
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What could you do with Venture of 24 " Dish 16 ft

It will depend on your dish mount style, but 24" is probably too small for a 16 footer. I'm guessing you'll get 60 degrees of travel before it flops over, so you are looking at 133W - 70W. Get yourself a 36" or 48" actuator and you should be able to drive that beast of a dish down to 40W. :razz:
by fatso
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UFC is on the ESPN mux

91W
15000 H

If you didn't know already there is an ESPN feed on 91W operating in the Ku band. It is usually BISS encrypted but this evening it is ITC.

Folks might want to scan it into their receivers and enjoy! :bigsmoke:
by skink
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 16 foot antenna .... efficiency equivalent to 6 feet

Wow!Just looking at your photo and can see the feedhorn is "wonky" for starters.I would try to get this component inline and set the proper focal length first,then go from there.The dish you have is quite the beast.
by dishcrank
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 16 foot antenna .... efficiency equivalent to 6 feet

You may also want to do a string test to be sure the reflector isn't warped and also to find your focal point. Sure is a beast of dish and needs to perform like it too. My God, the feed must be 20 feet in the air, how do you get up there to adjust it? :mrgreen: