Search found 25 matches

Return

by fatso
Mon May 11, 2020 1:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Canadians getting Sky Rocketing Internet Bills

Cancel your Rogers or Bell internet provider ASAP because they are sending out monster bills (up to $650 per month) to customers. Data caps no longer apply if you are a rural Canadian. As far as Rogers and Bell are concerned, anyone outside of downtown Toronto or Montreal is considered a rural custo...
by skink
Wed May 20, 2020 1:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Actuator shaft lubrication questions.

I have a 24" Venture and all I did was smear white lithium grease on the shaft and put a accordian boot on it for added protection.
by tvroadmin
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

C band is NOT doomed. C band is the backbone and source of 99% of all the programming in the USA, and has been since the late 1970s. If C band satellites go away, so does Directv, Dish, Cable and all streaming services. They all get their content from C band satellites, not to mention all the other ...
by tvroadmin
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually more and more DTH and Cable company of all sorts are relying on fiber optic for gathering programming nowadays. More and more? Let's see. Here is the Dish Network Channel Lineup for 2020: https://www.dish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/ChannelLineup.pdf A quick glance and from the top of my ...
by DRIVN78415
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sorry TEXASMAX and JKL....SATS AREN'T GONNA ANYWHERE ...ITS GONNA BE WITH US FOR NEXT CENTURY AND BE EVERYWHERE AROUND OUR OWNED BACKYARDS LIKE MARS AND OTHER MOONS WE HABITAT ...NO FIBER WILL DO THAT ...ITS GREAT FOR SPEEDS BUT TERRIBLE TO BE TRAP AND DEPENDING ON GLASS CABLE ...IT ALL TAKES ONE CU...
by HappySatellite
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am going to keep reporting what is happening in the world of satellite. I have no plans to ditch my 8 foot C Band dish! It will just give me new LNB's to test out on the dish that will filter out the noise! For people like myself, there is interference in a small city, but it is still very watchab...
by fatso
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know Canada and Mexico have both been discussing options. I don't think they have decided anything definite yet the way the US has. Here in Canada master distribution of programming is handled by Shaw Broadcast . They use the ku band. There are some networks like CTV on c band, but I think the tr...
by fatso
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw this a couple of days ago. :bananna: https://spacenews.com/ses-weeks-away-from-ordering-six-c-band-satellites/ Thanks. Just saw that too. SES wouldn't be ordering more C band satellites if C band was going away. They're not that dumb. If anything, I think they will be launching more satell...
by tvroadmin
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The satellite operators (e.g. SES, Intelsat, Eutelsat, Telesat, etc.) are being paid billions of dollars by the FCC to move their lower C band transmissions (3.7 - 3.95 GHz) to the upper C band spectrum (4.0 - 4.2 GHz). They are hardly going away. Wouldn't you take several billion dollars from the F...
by Arion
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dish = No NFL/Redzone

I smell a sock. I don't know who you think your fooling but whatever. Personally I wouldn't put any money on their even being a National Felons League season this year worth watching....especially with the social justice nonsense going on. But carry on and keep hawking your old out of date receiver ...