Search found 11 matches

Return

by tek2000
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Solid dishes

I've never used a slewing drive. Do you have a link to a suggested model that would work with your commercial antennas? Would you still be able to punch in a position to a positioner and the satellite move to a specific orbital location with these drives just like it works now with an actuator/HH m...
by tek2000
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True South Dish alignment using the sun

All, I noticed this excellent post on another forum about how to align your dish true south using some simple solar calculations from NOAA . I also noticed the poster was aligning our dish. :wink: I highly recommend people try this method! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup ------------------------------...
by tek2000
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SNR and equinoxes.

So does SNR tend to increase by about 5% around the equinoxes and perhaps decrease by 5% around the solstices? Quite fascinating, belter-one No, it should do the opposite and decrease. Remember, during the equinox and solstice, the clarke belt plane which holds the satellites is coincident with the...
by tek2000
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supporting the super jack.

Didn't you get an actuator plate with your dish? Rather than bolting the actuator jack to the dish arm, you bolt the actuator plate to the arm and the jack to the actuator plate. This gives the jack more leverage and allows for more travel. BTW, there is nothing much on 65w c band for us (south amer...
by tek2000
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My superjack appears to be toast.

belter-one wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:52 pm
Excellent,

Tek2000 sent a replacement superjack that arrived quickly and at a good price. So we are up and running. Thank you tek2000 for standing behind your product and for good advise on product maintenance.

Happy holidays and days to all,

belter-one
Glad we could help! Enjoy the holidays!
by tek2000
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians

Happy Thanksgiving holiday to all Canadians out there!

It's only 5am, but I'm already salivating and can hardly wait to get home to that Thankgiving stuffed turkey dinner, gravy and a few beers!

Cheers! :beer
by tek2000
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recommended Dish installation procedure (from Tek2000)

eelstrebor wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 pm
What is this for? My finger is pointing at it.
It is for attaching the 8 steel rear panel braces!

Only the 12' and larger antennas have brace support. The purpose is to prevent deformation of the reflector under high wind and snow loads.

commercial_mesh_8.JPG
by tek2000
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mesh Antenna Repaint ???

Gloss black spray paint works great for our mesh antennas and will make it look like new. The paint will not cause performance issues since the thickness of the layer of paint on the reflector is minuscule and will not absorb much energy.
by tek2000
Tue May 31, 2022 1:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got 5G interference on your c-band dish? Do not panic...

All, Are any of you experiencing 5G interference on your c-band dish? If so, you can discuss here. No, the big dish is NOT dead because of 5G. Unlike other forums, that have 5,000 useless posts predicting the demise of the big dish thanks to 5G interference, we at Tek2000 have a variety of new feed ...
by tek2000
Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got 5G interference on your c-band dish? Do not panic...

All,

Some of our 5G interference mitigation products:

wimax38_dual_1.jpg
ortho_feed_double_5g_1.jpg
ortho_feed_double_5g_8.jpg