C/KU band LMB

Discussions about low-noise blocks, waveguides, horns and other components used at the prime focus of your reflector dish.
Glenn
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Re: C/KU band LMB

Post by Glenn » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 pm

jess76 wrote:Glen; If you have lost Fox , Me and, Movies, they are changing transponders. They are going to; 3844 H 8702 G-16 C. Jess out in California
A little bird fly down from the bird up there and tell you that? :lol: Still on 3720 here. I think I am correct. There is a bunch on 4000. We get that stuff on OTA too!

Looking at the chart, I do see some interesting stuff I could probably receive on the ten footer though. Or maybe on the six footer if I put the Chaparral on it. Weather will be getting better. I may just put that thing on. Will try to hook up the ten footer tomorrow I guess. Will use the Pansat 600 to move it around. Going to have to figure out some switching. Or just get another one. One of our 4D's has a problem too. Have an old GI, but those things are old!! And big! Just to move a dish.

If you get that Titanium or whatever they call it, I request you tell me how well you like it. That Chaparral would work with that critter. I don't know. It took a long time for me to tune that six footer. Am really hesitant to change it. That thing was a nightmare with both c and ku.

I read somewhere on this forum where somebody came up with a pretty neat, awkward looking feed, that they were designing. But I don't see it for sale yet. That ugly looking thing might be interesting to me! Be kind of like looking in a mirror! "Birds of a feather flock together" :lol:

When is this change supposed to happen, in reference to your post?

Glenn

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: C/KU band LMB

Post by jess76 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:57 pm

I had to have an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy the fri 2nd. Got me from both ends1 he he! About the Ozark ch's. Don't know when the change will happen. I got the info from "Ricks" site. Looks like a transponder change, maby to solve some problems they have been having. Don't know if you have internet, but there is a lot of stuff out there also. I can get the A J ch on my Linkbox. Manhattan also has a new F/W posted on their site. I have it loaded in my computer but since I have a new computer, I need my daughter to show me how to put it on a usb so I can put it in my Manhattan 1997. I did pretty good with XP on the old computer,but I haven't figured out windows on the new one yet. Aligning a dish can be very trying! Hope you get your 10' up and running. The Pansat 600 will move the dish but not operate a polorotor. There is a polorotor controler on Ricks site for $49 + shipping. If you plan to use the C/Ku lnbf , then the 600 should work well. I have a General Inst. 920 that I could hook up and an old Satcruiser, but I'm limited on Sat positions in those receivers. Stay safe! Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Return to “Feed Systems”