Track and Lock Mechanism for C-Band

How do you move your dish across the satellite arc? Discuss your motorized equipment here.
unclebob
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired
Articles: 0

Track and Lock Mechanism for C-Band

Post by unclebob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi Folks,

Long time user of C-band satellite technology.

My one complaint is that high winds will occasionally move the dish a bit east or west along the arc which requires resynching the positioner. Is there any technology available that automatically tracks the signal and fine tunes the positioner setting for maximum signal at all times?

Do any receivers out there do this automatically? I would think it would be a simple matter of just monitoring the signal and sending feedback information to the positioner.

Thanks for you input.

-Unclebob
Rainier Board of Directors ( :3stooges: ) peddling a $900 'made in china' stb so you can subscribe to the pivot channel. :toofunny Meanwhile, all D/N channels are FTA on 97w and more are coming. :innocent:

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Track and Lock Mechanism for C-Band

Post by jess76 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 pm

The 4dtv[both920 and 922 do just that. As long as your dish is "on the arc" you can re-sink "all sat Positions". I don't know of another reciever that will do that. When you are setting up the sat "tiles", if you locate a sat on each side of the arc, the reciever will auto locate the other sats. You may have to tweek them a little though. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: Track and Lock Mechanism for C-Band

Post by tvroadmin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:36 pm

The 4dtv legacy hardware is unfortunately no longer in production.

Perhaps one of the sponsors could design and sell something that monitors signal strength and then sends DiseqC1.2 commands to the controller to fine tune the position of the dish. Hardly complicated, but cable and DBS have attempted to murder the C Band industry over the past few decades. The goal of this site is to raise TVRO from the land of the dead and make it as popular as it was during its glory days. :cigar

We also need a single LNB that has been engineered to process both linear and circular signals, as well as both C and Ku band signals. Doable, but hardly any talented people working in this field. Sponsors and hardware manufacturers, we need help...
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “Actuators/Motors”