NewActuator Motor (Heavy Duty)

How do you move your dish across the satellite arc? Discuss your motorized equipment here.
JDavid22
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

NewActuator Motor (Heavy Duty)

Post by JDavid22 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Hello good night, a few weeks ago I bought an Actuator Motor Housing (Heavy Duty) in the tek2000 store as a substitute for my mechanical arm that is still in good condition and which I show you my doubt is that I bought a Heavy Duty engine (2.0 inch ) But today when I try to place it does not fit! Could you suggest what to do? Apparently the mechanical arms are different from the one I currently have.
Attachments
20191007_185156.jpg
20191007_191201.jpg
20191007_190436.jpg

Tags:

Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: NewActuator Motor (Heavy Duty)

Post by Gregtheham » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 pm

That sucks. Inside dimensions are different and looks like the drive pins are different too.

I’m surprised it wasn’t much more to just buy a whole new actuator . I’d bet the worm drives strip more than the motors burn out...but u said your screw arm is ok.

I have a stripped actuator worm drive . Other than having a new internal nylon worm drive made or turned on a laythe ( I’ve tried to reform it, shim it it...no go) ,I have to replace mine. It’s a heavy duty ...the drive motor is fine...I’d have to check it but maybe it will fit yours.

Probably easier to just return yours ( shipping cost will suck) ..

Is your old motor dead for sure? Did you test it completely ?
By pass the limit micro switches, check windings for resistance etc?

JDavid22
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: NewActuator Motor (Heavy Duty)

Post by JDavid22 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 pm

In fact, I have two engines, one totally unusable, it was very low in bad weather and water ... the other one by mistake I wanted to take it apart and ruin it ... a new engine like the one I need comes out in 89 dollars plus I send a new one 280 dollars plus shipping is just trying to save a little already with the expense maybe you choose to buy a new Ball Screw actuator of 24 "as my interest is the satellites from 40w to 133w at the most appropriate the polar mount to receive the actuator on the left side so it is like I plan to solve the problem. I can't do anything about the engine but try to sell it here in Mexico. Thank you for your comments....

Return to “Actuators/Motors”