Wanted Titanium Satellite ASC1 Dish Mover With Remote

Sell your used satellite equipment here. No commercial dealers allowed.
sub101uk
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Wanted Titanium Satellite ASC1 Dish Mover With Remote

Post by sub101uk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:23 am

Wanted Titanium Satellite ASC1 Dish Mover With Remote I was wondering if any one had a ASD1 for sale . Please PM me with price .

Many Thanks
Attachments
ADC1.PNG

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: Wanted Titanium Satellite ASC1 Dish Mover With Remote

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 am

Those are no longer sold by Titanium. Even the Superjack controllers are sold out by our sponsors. If you need a dish controller, you'll have to design your own or get one of those old pansat controllers sold by Glenn (if he has any).
Administrator
([email protected])

sub101uk
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by sub101uk » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 am

Many thanks for the reply yes its ok I am fully aware that Titanium stopped making them and I think the last was sold in 2019 at the moment I am using my old Echostar AD 3600ip to move my dish + skew on the corotor but its a pain looking at 2 screens so I thought I would look for a second hand ASC1 they are around as saw one on Ebay only last week , I have spoken to Titanium and they still carry spares for it plus they do the upgrade kit as some of the parts are not up to drawing heavy current . Did look at Research Concepts RC 2000 but thought it best to go for the ASC1 .

Been a ham for over 40 years and built many things but to old to start building all over again .Oh yes my jack is a 36 inch Thomson Saginaw Actuator Reed .

Brian

G4ZEK

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 am

Yeah, good luck with your search. If someone has a working unit, they probably won't part with it now. One of our sponsors had a prototype multi-axis controller (with built in spectrum analyzer) ready for production a few months ago, but decided not to fabricate it. It would have to retail for at least $300 USD for the developers to make a decent profit. Since most people in the c band community aren't willing to pay that much, it was scrapped.

Maybe they will bring it out if/when the economy recovers. I don't know. The lesson here is many of you are willing to throw thousands of dollars every year to billionaires like Charlie Ergen (incredibly, some have even admitted to blowing nearly $100K on subscription satellite TV over the last two decades) for blurry TV at best, but refuse to pay a few hundred dollars for quality c band dish electronics. That's why stuff gets discontinued or never makes it to the market in the first place. It really is a shame.
Administrator
([email protected])

JKL
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by JKL » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:27 am

I know someone who as it in the state who's not using it. Here in Canada, I have a close friend of mine who's unit is collecting dust. He's use to selling stuffs on Ebay. PM me.

sub101uk
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by sub101uk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 am

The update from this end is I have just bought a second hand one its 8 months old and its not had any mods done to it .
This is the ser number

My next problem is how do I interface a SMW Ku Quad Band Type R with a domestic receiver since its finding the right LNB settings other wise you miss half the TP out .

I will open a topic on the forum today and see what other members say .

Many Thanks for your help .

Attachments
Ser Number ASC1 ASC1071400022.JPG

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:57 am

tvroadmin wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 am
Yeah, good luck with your search. If someone has a working unit, they probably won't part with it now. One of our sponsors had a prototype multi-axis controller (with built in spectrum analyzer) ready for production a few months ago, but decided not to fabricate it. It would have to retail for at least $300 USD for the developers to make a decent profit. Since most people in the c band community aren't willing to pay that much, it was scrapped.

Maybe they will bring it out if/when the economy recovers. I don't know. The lesson here is many of you are willing to throw thousands of dollars every year to billionaires like Charlie Ergen (incredibly, some have even admitted to blowing nearly $100K on subscription satellite TV over the last two decades) for blurry TV at best, but refuse to pay a few hundred dollars for quality c band dish electronics. That's why stuff gets discontinued or never makes it to the market in the first place. It really is a shame.
Hello,

I am interested in finding out if I could use a titanium positioner for my 10 foot tek2000 system, if I am able to find one. Is this possible?

Cheers,

belter-one

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 am

I have a - ASC1 Dish Mover - that I am not using. I forget what I paid for it but it was not cheap. If someone wishes to have it, make me an offer. The unit is about three years old. Remember, these are very heavy so mailing costs need to be added to offer. I live in Fort Worth, Texas.

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am

nanirdjeff wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:30 am
I have a - ASC1 Dish Mover - that I am not using. I forget what I paid for it but it was not cheap. If someone wishes to have it, make me an offer. The unit is about three years old. Remember, these are very heavy so mailing costs need to be added to offer. I live in Fort Worth, Texas.
Hello nanirdjeff,

Yes, I am interested. I just private messaged you on this. :-)

Cheers,

belter-one

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:01 pm

I have not received any PM as of 5:00 pm this day.

Return to “Classifieds”