Fridgefta is gone

Discussions not based on facts or objective evidence will be moved here.
satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired
Articles: 0

Re: Fridgefta is gone

Post by satdish » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:36 am

Foxcreek wrote:All,

Very glad to hear of the demise of fridgefta. That site was like a site one
would see on the "dark web". Very nasty people and their main thing was
Piracy.
Adios :byebye
foxcreek
Foxcreek you mention Joe and his boys main thing was Piracy. Seems Joe closed up his Amiko site sales when that pirate hxxx site (that got busted by Cisco and the programmers) was going full steam ahead. I remember reading Joe saying that he was on some special assignment. Was that special assignment hxxx related? If it was it makes sense why he's disappeared so quickly, as he's in deep crap after they got busted.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

abe4u

Post by abe4u » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 pm

If you are referring to the Hogg site, it disappeared the same week (April 2016) Mario Pappas was served by Dish and programmers in Illinois. Mario is being sued by programmers and providers around the world. Here is the Dish lawsuit

http://about.dish.com/sites/dishnetwork ... Pappas.pdf

Mr. Pappas has offices in Chicago, NY and Toronto. He runs an illegal OTT service and ships iptv and fta receivers from these locations.

If Joe or anyone else was involved, it will be found out during the discovery process.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 am

Joe talked about internet channels his A3 got, even boasted about not needing cable. Wonder if he was watching some of this dark IP stuff or not? It will be interesting to find out what he was involved with when it comes out in the wash. Folk throwing their lives away over piracy is just plain stupid.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

mmewrench
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by mmewrench » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:58 am

I'm going to miss fridge fta, as well as the guy who ran it. Sometimes the content there was pretty coarse, but it was a true free to air website. In spite of all the crap that minions of the dark side (you know who you are) are spreading, it was a true pirate free website. The NA software on his Amiko receivers actually blocked installation of pirate software. Hell this guy Joe even devoloped a program guide for the A3 (financially supported it for a time), posted a tutorial on how to legally receive Comcast programming using an M card (legally subscribed). This is a true loss for fta.

DirtyHarry
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DirtyHarry » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:25 pm

FridgeFTA was a cash cow & front for illegal activities,,,,nothing more or less. Comcast is not fta.

mmewrench
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by mmewrench » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 am

DirtyHarry wrote:FridgeFTA was a cash cow & front for illegal activities,,,,nothing more or less. Comcast is not fta.
I never said Comcast was fta.

Wikipedia says (look it up):

CableCARD is a special-use PC Card device that allows consumers in the United States to view and record digital cable television channels on digital video recorders, personal computers and television sets without the use of other equipment such as a set-top box provided by a cable television company. The card may be provided by the local cable provider, usually for a nominal monthly fee.

Comcast calls it M card and HD Homerun offers an interface to connect it to your home network (gosh are they pirates too).

Return to “Rumors”