Playboy channel on Rainier

Discussions not based on facts or objective evidence will be moved here.
elko
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Playboy channel on Rainier

Post by elko » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:45 pm

satdish wrote:There are more CA supported than the manual says. Don't believe me wait and see. :eek2
I don't think there are too many (if any) North American pay tv channels encrypted in viaccess, conax, irdeto, mediaguard. As for digicipher, you need to keep in mind that it is both a transmission standard and conditional access. The cam will handle the conditional access part, but the stream still has to be DVB-S/S2 compliant for the 9865 to understand it. If it is proprietary digicipher, then it won't work unless Arris hands over the patents for it and authorises Cisco to implement it. It would probably be easier if Arris sold their own box.
satdish wrote: Why all the interest in Rainier's CA methods? Are you guys trying to gather intel for the dark side or what? It appears Cisco slapped those boys as of late again. :goody
I'm with the good guys. :grin:

Pay tv c band can be made to work but it has to be done right and needs to compete with dish and direct. I am all for it but I see many hurdles in the way.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 am

DC-2 used now on many feeds is an overlay just like PowerVu. If you take away the CA encryption its an ITC DVB-S S2 signal. The old legacy Digicipher like the 4D used is dying off fast.

Piracy has never done anything good wherever it rears its ugly head. Some think they may be beating the system for a short lived period. Eventually the legal side wins. Just look at and DC-2's robust security. Cisco's no dummy either like some think.

Rainier has overcome many hurdles when they introduced C band subscription masters back into the market. They are not trying to compete with pizza or other run of the mill over compressed services. There target is the nitch c band market, and high end consumer and commercial video-audio users.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Hundreds of pv channels that rainier don't have. Why the focus on dc2?

If pv programmers keep saying :noway then my guess is dc2 programmers will also say :noway
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 am

Some folk around here keep trying to spread a rumor that the programmers are saying no. If that were the case the subscribers of Rainier would not currently be watching subscription content such as Playboy. Every time Rainier launches more content they prove these folk wrong so why continue this charade? These are the same childish antics pulled over at Scotty's and at other places by some folk who are members here too.

Seems Playboy TV now on Rainier really stirred up the pot. Hey if you like Playboy or GSN you now have the C band option back. When Programming Center's 4DTV HITS service ended in 2016 that option was lost. This is a GOOD thing for us with the big dishes, why not embrace this? Forums like Scotty's continue to practice censorship and allow only negative digs and pokes at Rainier. This behavior is prevalent over here and at other places by some too. Like it or not Rainier is part of the C band landscape and growing. They will continue to grow and offer more options for those who want this. All the negative press and censoring the positive talk about them won't stop this from happening. So whats the sense? Embrace it or forget it and get on with life.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:02 pm

satdish wrote:Some folk around here keep trying to spread a rumor that the programmers are saying no. If that were the case the subscribers of Rainier would not currently be watching subscription content such as Playboy. Every time Rainier launches more content they prove these folk wrong so why continue this charade? These are the same childish antics pulled over at Scotty's and at other places by some folk who are members here too.
Hey, I'm not trying to spread anything. Mainstream cable channels like USA, Bravo, SyFy, History, AMC, Sundance, A&E, WGN and many more are pv encoded and available on 125W. Why hasn't rainier added them? This is the kind of programming most people want to watch...

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:40 pm

rusty wrote: Mainstream cable channels like USA, Bravo, SyFy, History, AMC, Sundance, A&E, WGN and many more are pv encoded and available on 125W. Why hasn't rainier added them? This is the kind of programming most people want to watch...
These channels are owned by the cable companies themselves. In this case, Comcast. Therein lies the problem I would think. Comcast recently shutdown 4DTV HITS and told us cbanders to piss off. If you look at Rainier's programming, it seems to be exclusively with small independent networks not controlled by giant cable or phone companies.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Comcast has nothing to do with who gets what, that's bunk. Rainier will continue to add channels including cable networks many want. They will be announced at the Rainier website as added just as the channels they now have were.

The 4D DC-2 platform was doomed because Arris (Motorola in disguise) wanted it dead. Charlie green mailed Motorola to kill it. That's how come the DSR 924 was never built that did megapipe. GI was going to do that then sold out to Motorola. The people at Rainier knew this years ago when they stopped perusing an upgraded DC-2 box before going with the Cisco D9865 in 2013. Tim, and those associated with Programming Center just found this out last summer when they thought that Arris would work with them for an upgraded IRD. In all honesty GI was the last DC-2 company that was C band consumer friendly. Cisco is C band friendly and good to work with.

beck
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by beck » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Been out of the loop on this. Have they gotten or getting any mainstream channels like History/Discovery/AMC/A&E would be nice.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm

beck wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:01 pm
Been out of the loop on this. Have they gotten or getting any mainstream channels like History/Discovery/AMC/A&E would be nice.
You can't be serious? :biggrin

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:51 am

The only pay channels they got are these

-GSN
-NESN HD
-NFL Network HD
-MavTV HD
-Sony Movies HD
-Cine Sony HD (Spanish)
-Blaze HD
-Z Living HD
-Ovation HD
-Playboy TV HD (eng or span)
-Gone Viral HD (package)

The rest is FTA, regardless of what they say. To get all that will cost you $359.99 per year. Playboy TV is an extra $191.88 per year. That is a lot of money for just 11 channels. Folks might want to check out Orby TV. They have a lot more premium content for $50 per month.

Return to “Rumors”