C-Band is doom... FAST

Discussions not based on facts or objective evidence will be moved here.
Articles: 0

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:48 am

exactly brother, cband everyone is heavy depended on including fiber hubs, they never will tell you how they got their programming...from sats cause i work for Verizon, same media back-haul distributors they share with everyone else,.....all cable and dish do ...is re-encode the cband feeds into their encryption while raw cband feeds are encoded in h264 1080p to HEVC h265 4k that requires 4k receivers...only people know how and where to get it...Victoria your outdated and behind the curved we are ahead of the curved of info....your old news VICTORIA if your just talking about mpeg2 digicypher2 channels is only for comcast property while fleet of sats doesn't belong comcast...they all belong major media companies who put their programming for fiber headends and sats distributors

Tags:

Dusan
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Dusan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:18 am

Just saw this a couple of days ago. :bananna:

https://spacenews.com/ses-weeks-away-fr ... atellites/

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:54 am

Dusan wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:18 am
Just saw this a couple of days ago. :bananna:

https://spacenews.com/ses-weeks-away-fr ... atellites/
Thanks. Just saw that too. SES wouldn't be ordering more C band satellites if C band was going away. They're not that dumb. If anything, I think they will be launching more satellites than before and using more orbital slots to make up for the lost bandwidth to those 5G guys. We may even see 1 degree separation of satellites in orbit instead of the usual 2 degrees. They got till 2025 to do it all, so that gives them plenty of time.

So much for all the doom and gloom. I remember when I got my first tvro back in the early '80s there were no more than 10 analog channels. Today we got access to thousands of digital channels and more on the way but people come here to complain about nothing to watch. :lol:
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 pm

:bananna: 110w will be available to replace the 121w slot and 127w programming and they gonna owned all 47w to 117w....ITS BIG FEET FOR SES WORLDWIDE SKIES ACCESS FOR MAJOR POPULATIONS OF LATINOS AND AMERICANS THEY SHARE WITH...ALSO VERIZON WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE THEIR MOBILE SERVICE FOR LIVE TV PROGRAMMING WHILE CBAND USERS WILL ENJOYED MORE PROGRAMS.....THIS IS JUST BEGINNING FOR CBAND...BIGGER AND BETTER THAN 30 YEARS AGO AND MORE MONEY

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 pm

:bananna: :lol: MAJOR BLOW TO FIBER SUPPORTERS AND ITS PROGRAMMERS...AND THEY SAY, FIBER ITS GREATEST THING FOR CUSTOMERS ??? HOW WRONG NOW TODAY https://techcrunch.com/2020/06/15/t-mob ... ng-outage/ NOW WHO IS RIGHT ME OR JKL ?? I DON'T THINK SO.....PROGRAMMERS NOT GONNA SUFFER UNDER THEM WHEN THEY ARE USED TO BIG SATELLITES THAT NEVER GOES DOWN LIKE THAT STUPID IN FIBER COMMUNITIES CONNECTING GOD KNOW WHERE ....HELL PROBABLY...EVEN THE DEAD LOST CONNECTIONS DUE TO SEVERE CUT IN FIBER SOMEWHERE GOD KNOWS WHERE AROUND THE WORLD ...WHILE WE ENJOYING SATELLITE STABLE PROGRAMMING NEVER SEE ANY INTERRUPTION... :verysurprised

GUESS FIBER IS VERY TASTY FOR CRITTERS LIVES DOWN THE GROUND...MUCH BE GOOD FIBER :twisted:

Dusan
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Dusan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Man, when I heard about this 5G deal limiting C band signals, I was enraged and sad at the same time.
Had just bought a 6 footer and a 4K receiver. :cry:

But this last few day have been total bliss, SES planning to launch 6 birds and Now Intelsat with another 6 !!

https://spacenews.com/intelsat-orders-f ... -clearing/

:eek:

Long Live C

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 am

The satellite operators (e.g. SES, Intelsat, Eutelsat, Telesat, etc.) are being paid billions of dollars by the FCC to move their lower C band transmissions (3.7 - 3.95 GHz) to the upper C band spectrum (4.0 - 4.2 GHz). They are hardly going away. Wouldn't you take several billion dollars from the FCC in exchange for some ether? I know I would... :razz:

That is all there is to this. Some are suggesting the sky is falling and all residential C band owners are doomed. Why? Is it so hard for us to re-scan the upper spectrum (4.0 - 4.2 GHz) in 2023 and beyond and get all our programming back? Most of us already have HEVC ready receivers in case the programmers move to this more efficient codec. Those of you who live in rural areas won't even have to change out your LNBs/LNBFs, since you won't experience any interference. Those of you close to large urban areas may need a new LNB/LNBF integrated with a bandpass filter and hard lower cutoff frequency to attenuate any 5G radiation originating in the 3.7 - 3.9 GHz frequency range. If your local 5G provider isn't using this frequency range to begin with, you won't even be affected.

Those are the FACTS.
Administrator
([email protected])

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:29 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fcc-c ... 2020-06-16

:grin: LOOKS LIKE FCC ARE UPSET THAT 5G WILL NOT DELIVER AS PROMISE...GUESS THEY ARE PLANNING TO DITCH CBAND SPECTRUM DUE TO OUTAGE IS NOT GONNA THEIR WAY AS PLAN... :lol: EVERYONE GONNA BACK 4G....CAUSE ITS SAFER FOR US...COVID-19 IS DANGEROUS ...EVEN SMALL ANIMALS GETTING SICK BY EATING FIBER LINE UNDERGROUND :hammerme:

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

i noticing 58w is making huge changes in channel lineup...i believe 43w fox premium hd channels gonna migrate to 58w 3720h slot..while fox is empty its sd channels from 43w in same process...

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am

Ku band is doom too. :noidea:

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=5623

No more satellite???????????? :crying

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am.

Return to “Rumors”