C-Band is doom... FAST

Discussions not based on facts or objective evidence will be moved here.
JKL
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

C-Band is doom... FAST

Post by JKL » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:25 pm

I understand we're better off stopping investing in C-Band gear. Half the band is doom with the f. 5G:

http://www.intelsat.com/news/press-rele ... yhsz5PuZdo

3.7 to 3.980 Ghz is being relocated with 20 megahertz bandwidth separation to Cellular Network in few month!

Thanks to Intelsat bankruptcy who sold-out to 5G bovine poo.

And I though it was only orbital repositioning of the lower sats.
Misère...

Tags:

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: C-Band is doom... FAST

Post by DRIVN78415 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 pm

Not really Doomed, after 2020...new president and new people will be in charged in FCC..probably SES and EUTELSAT will bid on buying Intelsat ...i pretty sure SES will have larger stake for American viewers as EUTELSAT with Spanish viewers ...remember latin sats users have no concern for this problem ...since its not American business to block their programs ...even they gonna have 50w new sat for latin side while Americans gonna have more sats between 90w - 121w...everything is moving to 103w from 131w for bottom 3.9 ghz range....while 101w is getting full capacity as its neighbor sat...and nobody say 110w might get slot for cband since its interesting to see whats ahead for everyone ...

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 am

C band is NOT doomed. C band is the backbone and source of 99% of all the programming in the USA, and has been since the late 1970s. If C band satellites go away, so does Directv, Dish, Cable and all streaming services. They all get their content from C band satellites, not to mention all the other providers outside of the USA.

Since the Globalists have decided to create a Super Surveillance Wireless Network (aka 5G) in their big city plantations (mostly the USA), to keep an eye on their slaves, and keep them docile with their usual propaganda, they have decided to expropriate the 3.7 - 3.95 GHz spectrum from the C band satellite operators. No big deal. The satellite operators will just move their services to the upper part of the spectrum between 4.0 - 4.2 GHz. They can also use the hevc codec to effectively 'double' content capacity without sacrificing quality. If Orby can cram 32 video services :eek: into a single transponder, then the C band operators can easily put 5-10 studio quality services on a single transponder.

They can use other tricks too. For example, the most popular east coast networks are migrating to and around 101 W and the west coast networks to and around 125 W, so that they are high in sky for their customers. A higher look angle means less potential for terrestrial interference entering through the side lobes.

Finally, if you are located near corn fields and townships (i.e. rural America), you aren't getting any 5G, which means no interference to your C band satellite system. Satellite operators will still lease transponders in the 3.7 - 3.95 GHz range, probably at a significant discount, which means a lot of little independent networks will start showing up in the lower C band spectrum, which means even more TV for those of you in the boonies! :bigsmile
Administrator
([email protected])

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm

"C band is the backbone and source of 99% of all the programming in the US..."
Actually more and more DTH and Cable company of all sorts are relying on fiber optic for gathering programming nowadays.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm
Actually more and more DTH and Cable company of all sorts are relying on fiber optic for gathering programming nowadays.
More and more? Let's see.

Here is the Dish Network Channel Lineup for 2020:

https://www.dish.com/downloads/Channel- ... Lineup.pdf

A quick glance and from the top of my head, the only programs I see that are not on C band: Comet, Hopper Insider, Dish Info. Did I miss any others? The latter 2 don't count since they are Dish in house productions, and I believe I have seen the Dish Info channel on 121W. As for Comet, it could be up there, encrypted somewhere, and we don't know about it. So it looks to me like 1 real channel from Dish DTH is not available on C Band. So, what!

How about the hundreds of others that are available on C band? Another quick glance. How about channels like Laff TV, BYUTV, CCTV, Daystar, Nasa, Newsy, RT, Outside TV and more that are only available in SD on Dish Network, but in full HD and even UHD (in the case of Nasa) on C band?

And don't forget, C band has over 4,000 programs between 30W - 133W, and more than half are FTA, whereas Dish Network only has a few hundred, many distributed in poor quality SD resolution and the HD is delivered in cropped format (not true 1920) and highly compressed. You have to be mad, literally mad, :hammerme: to send thousands of dollars to Dish Network every year for your TV service, when you can get a big dish and watch everything in studio quality HD, UHD and not pay any middle man a penny. And it is all LEGAL and you are protected under the law by 605(b) of the US code.

But I digress. The masses have been brain washed to think the big dish from the 1980s is completely obsolete. Sadly, we can't fix stupid. :sayno We can only present the facts and hope some will see the light on their own. :photo:

If you are one of the millions who cancelled their DirecTV/Dish subscriptions last month because you are too broke to continue paying, there is good news, you can still watch lots of TV, in pure HD studio quality, with this Mesh Dish Kit from our sponsor:

http://www.tek2000.com/cgi-bin/web.cgi? ... r%20Kit-ND

commercial_mesh_9.JPG

Don't be put off by the doom and gloom that C band is coming to an end. The usual suspects have posted this garbage since the 1980s and are still doing it today. The C band satellite operators will still be here long after Dish, DirecTV and many cable companies are long gone.
Administrator
([email protected])

TexasMax

Post by TexasMax » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am

What "Guest" is saying is that, more and more, C-Band is not the primary way in which cable and DBS providers receive the Pay TV channels that they then distribute to customers. Besides fiber connections, there are a number of IP solutions that are specifically intended as replacements to C-Band for programming distribution. Specifically, look up the LTN Global Network, VUBIQUITY, and Zixi.

tvroadmin wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 am
Satellite operators will still lease transponders in the 3.7 - 3.95 GHz range, probably at a significant discount, which means a lot of little independent networks will start showing up in the lower C band spectrum, which means even more TV for those of you in the boonies!
Why would this be the case? After 2023, no satellite transmissions in the range between 3700-4000 MHz will be allowed from within the contiguous United States. Besides, all C-Band antennas registered with the FCC in the contiguous United States are going to be getting new LNBs that filter out these frequencies.

Transmissions from outside the contiguous United States and not targeted to the contiguous United States will still be allowed on 3700-4000 MHz, unless other countries proceed with their own C-band reallocations. I know Canada and Mexico have both been discussing options. I don't think they have decided anything definite yet the way the US has.

TexasMax

Post by TexasMax » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 am

tvroadmin wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm
As for Comet, it could be up there, encrypted somewhere, and we don't know about it.
Comet, along with the other diginets the Sinclair Broadcast Group owns, is distributed over the LTN Global IP Network. The diginets Circle and Quest also use LTN Global. Furthermore, according to a friend I know who works at a Fox station, Fox has been installing LTN Global appliances at stations for an eventual move to IP distribution too. Fox recently signed a huge deal with Amazon Web Services to replace their legacy satellite distribution infrastructure with cloud and IP technologies.

JKL
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by JKL » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks TexasMax for the knowledgeable answers. :thankyousign:
BTW, The "Guest" was me, I was not logged. :lame:

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:41 pm

might be true for fiber users but it won't work for disturbers who need uplink to upload ...and fiber is not reliable for mobile network who doesn't stay put in same building around the world...SATS have ALL the benefits for distributors and they will never replace by fiber due to reliability against all odds....weather and rain ... while it doesn't requires higher voltage as cell towers does for your 5G ....sats only need 18v....and your fiber needs wall socket and lots of power for transmission ...ask tmobile and verizon ...they know what i am saying

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:45 pm

sorry forgot to login so guest is also me from last comment above me...i disagree with texasman cause not only one from texas

Return to “Rumors”