We are dying of Covid at Dish Network: PLEASE HELP

Discussions not based on facts or objective evidence will be moved here.
Dish Employee
Articles: 0

We are dying of Covid at Dish Network: PLEASE HELP

Post by Dish Employee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Please help raise awareness. My post at other forums were deleted. The Dish Network workplace is infested with the covid virus and management is ordering us back to work. If we don't comply, we will be fired. Several of my coworkers have already died. Many of us are terrified and don't know what to do. Please, if you are a subscriber to Dish or Sling, call customer service at 1 (800) 333-3474 and threaten to cancel your subscription if management will not back down over this life or death issue. Nobody should have to die over satellite tv.

Disgusted’ Employees Rage Against Dish Network Pushing Them Back to Offices

Tags:

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: We are dying of Covid at Dish Network: PLEASE HELP

Post by Arion » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:04 am

I think you'll probably find that most of the people on this forum don't have either Dish or DirecTv and that is why we are here as we have our own systems and don't have to pay a subscription.

Good luck....
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 am

Yea, this is a c band forum so I doubt anyone will call Dish. With millions cancelling these services, I doubt you can even reach a live operator unless you wait hours or even days on the phone. :lol:

The trend for corporate employees these days is to work from home. I think this is to avoid law suits over corona virus deaths. The office towers in all major cities are basically empty. Just today, Google told all its employees they will be working from home until at least 2021. Some sports franchises like MLB tried to restart playing without fans, but their players are contracting the virus and it looks like they will be shutting down again. Not good.

Whoever programmed the corona virus did a good job. :reallyangry Things will not go back to normal until there is a vaccine or the virus goes away on its own. :sad:
Administrator
([email protected])

Dish Employee

Post by Dish Employee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Dish is doing a Dumb Thing

As a former Dish employee, I can confirm that this is on-brand. Charlie Ergen is a colossal jackass and has a long history of demeaning, insulting, berating, and just generally doing jerk things to his employees.

When I was there, all employees were required to be “badged in” during “core hours”. Literally one second late, and your manager would have to spend the day explaining what happened.

One time, after having just announced that they were significantly raising employee contributions for their healthcare (which Dish funded itself), because they hadn’t hit the numbers they wanted (a very common theme), they invited employees to come out to the parking lot and see the NASCAR race car they were sponsoring. Of course employees were only allowed to witness what Charlie thought was more important than their health care during their own lunch break.

Charlie’s wife doesn’t like piercings or tattoos, so employees at all of the call centers have to cover them up, usually with bandaids, so everybody there looks like they’re recovering from Fight Club. There was no such requirement at the corporate offices, however - plenty of piercings & tats abounded. Wearing business casual (or perhaps some other difference between call center and corporate employees) made it OK.

Dish is treating working from home like it’s a perk the company achieved, instead of the “government” mandated safety measure that it is. Dish can do this because they know that republicans in Congress are trying to create a law that legally prevents companies from being sued by sick employees or their families in the event they die. Putting your employees at risk and potentially killing them is not going to increase your earnings or have any positive impact on your business.

I worked for DISH for a year. There is virtually no news about incompetent or evil decisions that I would not believe. It is a horrible company. Management treats people as things and the most psychopathic managers are the most highly rewarded.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:41 pm

R.I.P. dish employees. :dirtnap:

Dish Employee

Post by Dish Employee » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:22 am

We are still dying. :frown Colorado Department of Public Health please shutdown the DISH Riverfront complex now.

https://www.westword.com/news/covid-19- ... d-11833871

skink
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by skink » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:12 pm

If you don't feel safe at your workplace,you have the right to refuse to work,plain and simple. :scratchingmyhead:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:12 pm.

Return to “Rumors”