Need Help

Discuss all aspects of over-the-air (OTA) digital television.
abukamoon
Articles: 0

Need Help

Post by abukamoon » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:18 pm

I am looking for some help with my setup. I have a 10 foot mesh Luxor dish with a Pansat PF9600W LNBF. The dish was given to me from a man who lives a mile and a half away, so I didn't change the offset nor the declination. I have about 70 degrees of sky as I am surrounded by trees. I hooked the coax to my GTMEDIA V8 Finder. The instruction that came with the finder are not very clear, but I have been able to get some reception. It seems that even though I move the dish, I receive THE WORD NETWORK, a religious program. Other than The Word, I can only get encrypted channels which give me audio by no video. The Word channel is on Galaxy 17 which is in my arc of reception.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I estimate that my coverage is from about EchoStar 3/6/12/15 at 61.50 degrees to about SatMex 5 at 116.80 degrees.

abukamoon

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: Need Help

Post by tek2000 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:34 pm

You need to align your dish to the satellite arc. To do this, follow the instructions in section 9

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=1252

If you still have problems, your dish may be warped (do a string test!) or more likely, you are experiencing 5G interference.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

abukamoon

Re: Need Help

Post by abukamoon » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:06 pm

Thank you for the info. I will try these things. I am glad that I found this forum. There is no one around here to ask.

thanks again,
abukamoon

Return to “General OTA Television Discussions”