5G interference on UHF

Discuss all aspects of over-the-air (OTA) digital television.
hans
Articles: 0

5G interference on UHF

Post by hans » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:48 pm

I lost some uhf channels lately. I suspect 5G might be the culprit. At night my channel master antenna will just barely pull in these channel but by day they are gone. Signals were strong before. Anyone else? My bud is okay though..at least for now. :mrgreen:

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: 5G interference on UHF

Post by Captain Ron » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:24 pm

A couple UHDTV channels have been removed in the last few weeks.

Another thing to watch for if you get a satellite at night but not during a certain time of daylight is this is the time of the year where the sun is lowering in the sky and (depending on where you live) for a week or two the sun will run along the Satellite Arc and it will blind your dish at certain times of the day (when the sun is up) as it passes by the satellite you are watching, you can still watch other satellites not aimed at the sun. (Called Sun Fade) as the sun will overpower the satellite signal.) Both Spring and Fall this happens for about 1 week. If this happens again go outside and look from behind the dish to where it is aiming, if the Sun is there then that is the problem.

5G generally only affects your system if your dish is aimed at a satellite low in the sky (East end and West end of the Satellite Arc) and in the general direction of a 5G cell phone tower, try to keep your dish aimed at satellites high in the sky (South Sats) and find out where Cell Phone towers are in relation to your home and try to keep from watching Sats in that direction.

If you still believe what you have is 5G interference there are a few companies that are now making special LNB's that will help block that interference. Tek2000 is a sponsor of this site and he sells satellite equipment including those types of LNB's.

Good Luck !

Return to “General OTA Television Discussions”