Many new OTA ch's

Discuss all aspects of over-the-air (OTA) digital television.
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Many new OTA ch's

Post by jess76 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 pm

I don't know how you guys are doing with OTA on the Canada side, but down here in the US there are new ch's poping up all over the place! Lot of good stuff. Hook up the old TV antenna or get one of the new outdoor type and take a look! These are free, no subscription needed. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

elko
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Many new OTA ch's

Post by elko » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Good to hear they they are adding more OTA channels, but I think most people in this c-band satellite hobby are looking for national feeds and itc backhauls. OTA/C-band combo is the best way to maximize free tv without any kind of subscription.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:40 pm

The new ch's that are on 97w have made their way to OTA tv. If you live near a large city, there is a good choice of free TV. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:24 pm

Thought this might be of interest to those of you that still watch OTA. The new Comet TV is up and running in several aeras. Some of the programming is pretty good, while others are pretty "hocky". If you have OTA you need to do a scan and check it out. Jess out in California

Return to “General OTA Television Discussions”