VHF/UHF antenna

Discuss all aspects of over-the-air (OTA) digital television.
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

VHF/UHF antenna

Post by jess76 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm

I have some friends comming over this pm to help put up my "Radio Shack" fringe antenna. Gona be nice to have some OTA again. Those ch's are not provided on small dish. Looking foward to watching "comet" out of Fresno, Ca. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Snowman
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: VHF/UHF antenna

Post by Snowman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Glad to hear it ! I wish we had more than ABC,NBC,CBS around here. Be careful up there!!

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: VHF/UHF antenna

Post by jess76 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Interesting! The nets[ABC NBC and CBS] run sub ch's. I can get some bay aera ch's, Sacramento, and Fresno, and a few other aeras. I am located in Ceres, Ca. by Modesto, so there is a lot of stuff out there; just depends on which way my antenna is pointed. Most of the transmitters operate on UHF, but a few still use VHF. A couple still use "real"ch 2 and 3! I hope no more of the UHF spectrum gets sold off for streaming devices. I think we are down to ch 30 now, Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Return to “General OTA Television Discussions”