Beware of Fake News from Rainier Satellite

Discussions about scams and swindles negatively affecting the television industry.
constance
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Beware of Fake News from Rainier Satellite

Post by constance » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 am

Rainier is spreading fake news that common fta channels are encrypting so you can buy their EOL junk receiver.
Information given at FTA forums and on phone calls to FTA dealers state that most of Rainier's subscription channels can be watched for free. That is a lie, they cannot. While a few channels added lately to our packages may be ITC at this moment Rainier has added these due to upcoming scrambling of these signals. Rainier is in contact with the programmers daily and is privy to what is in the works (scrambling of diginets and other services). Being a Rainier subscriber to these allows you to continue to receive these when the switch is thrown. Just like with the Gone Viral networks lately. If your FTA dealer promoted any of these channels and you cannot get them or cannot down the road. Rainier suggests you contact your FTA dealer about why they lied to you to get the sale. Buyer Beware
Reelz = FTA
Laff = FTA
Grit = FTA
Escape = FTA
Bounce = FTA
newsy = FTA
CTV = FTA
Bloomberg = FTA
Newsmax = FTA
CityTV = FTA
NESN = FTA feed

How much more dishonest can they get? On top of this, they have a MASSIVE piracy problem. Everytime Rainier activates another receiver, pirates are grabbing the powervu authorization keys with a program called (PowerVu Home Edition) and activating their FTA receivers to watch for free. Knock-knock, :hammerhead anybody home? Are these guys for real? :noidea: Do the programmers even know they are being pirated and Rainier makes it possible with the compromised receivers they sell and authorize? Do programmers who do not deal with Rainier but happen to be on the same transponder (or even another transponder or satellite) as others who do, realize, they too are also being pirated and losing millions in revenue because Rainier sells an obsolete, hacked receiver? :rotflmao: Does Rainier think they will sell any more receivers by hiding their MASSIVE piracy problem and lying about FTA channels being encrypted? Who is going to compensate the programmers for the damages Rainier is causing them? :utterlyconfused

Here's a thought: Why don't they fix their piracy problem first by selling a new, secure, consumer grade receiver with features people actually want and being honest about the pay programming they sell.
Last edited by constance on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: Beware of Fake News from Rainier Satellite

Post by tvroadmin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 am

They also spend much of their time on piracy forums asking for information about receivers and keys to watch free C Band TV because the overpriced receiver they sell can't decode 4K. :lol:

Here they are, asking for piracy advice and smearing us at the same time:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=304334
brujo874 = A1gonquin / Glen Musielak

I wonder if the programmers know they are being pirated by their very own resellers? :thinking
Administrator
([email protected])

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:41 am

That is really interesting. I had replied to that person on that forum because he was asking about the Zgemma and wondering whether or not T2K was a decent supplier. I had been on that forum and other ones overseas like it before I decided to purchase the Zgemma and I responded to his question indicating that I had purchased the 10' dish package and that I got what I ordered. I also told him that I had a Zgemma on the way. He responded by accusing me of being a Tek sales person. And then he trolled me when I didn't get back with him.

I was on most of those overseas forums to get information and ask questions myself as I usually do that before I decide to purchase anything and I try to be an honest broker of info. I had told that person that I did a review of the 10' dish package on both Satguys and Rick's and have been active on most of the US and Canadian forums for well over 10 years now so I'm not a johnny come lately trying to 'rah rah' any one piece of equipment or provider.

He was the only one that ever replied to the thread he had started besides me and I didn't even realize he had answered back to me until I followed the link back over to there and then remembered that I had tried to help him with his concerns.

I did my review both on Rick's and Satguys as I had many of the same concerns that they did. Hardly anyone knew anything about Tek and most of us had been commiserating for years that there was no new consumer grade dishes being made over on this side of the pond and most places are running out of old dishes that can be used and recycled. Many of us always hoped that someone would buy a few containers of the Chinese dishes that you could find on Alibaba and sell them over here.

Well, somebody did! The first few generations of the dishes had problems and many of those were addressed before I bought mine and overall I've been happy both with the dish/mount and the Zgemma. And I'm looking forward to some of the new equipment offerings being worked on. Fact of the matter is I did my initial reviews to indicate that yes, your going to get what you ordered and the description of what your going to get is accurate both with the dish and receiver. I had hoped for 4:2:2 support out of the box or with a plugin and I do believe an honest effort has been made to try to make it work.

FTA is a small market on this side of the pond although I think it's growing as people are becoming more and more disgusted with PayTv options over here. Being a small market you have to find a niche and deliver for your customers. Tek has done that with bringing serviceable equipment in from overseas at a price point that many of us can afford so he's doing well. The guy knocking this forum and sponsor along with trying to cause problems with other FTA forums if he spent as much time trying to deliver for his customers as he does in knocking everyone else he might be able to provide a real service for his customers.

You do that and with integrity and you'll grow over time, but you do it honestly and try not to make promises you can't keep. I have no problem praising people that deliver and freely promote what they do as I'm a satellite enthusiast and will gladly point people over here especially for the dishes as you simply can't find new ones over here for less than $2000 dollars and Tek beats that by half or more. I have not received any incentives from Tek or anyone else and my opinions are my own.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

Z_finigan
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Z_finigan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Hey.
I was reading the post.
And I think if there is a piracy problem. I don't know if the programmers really care about the c band consumer.

I have read in many places that the programmers were forced to scramble their channels. Mostly cause of the cable companies. And dish and direct.
They had a problem collecting what they thought was fair for them to charge those companies.
And from what I have read too the cable companies were also pushing for it. So they could try control c band. And gain the customers.

Till the shut down of 4dtv. The original shut down (2010) there was a lot of free programming on c band.
And the programmers can not keep the stations open because the cable companies will cry.

Now I'll tell you. I did get a 4k satellite box from China.
It's has not been on the market long. It uses an Android system. And you can actually download apps.
And it works good.

I would buy one here. Made in the USA. But none have been able to do as much as this one so far. And 4k. I get all the 4k stations that are FTA. they loom amazing.

Now. Here is a question. Why has no one reverse engineered a 10ft or 12ft satellite dish. I was actually thinking a reverse engineering one when my money comes in. And then to make them affordable to any American I was going to rent them out .

Like a rent to own

edison

Post by edison » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 am

Rainier is spinning their wheels!

The diginets are already encrypted on 103 west 4120 h 30000. These are intended for the *whiners* like Dishnet who want everything encrypted. How do I know? It says so, right in the transport stream! They are also low-quality feeds, especially suited for low quality providers like Dish.

The same diginet feeds are also ITC on 97 west 3940 h 30000. These are high quality feeds with some in HD and meant for the terrestrial affiliates. If these are encrypted, they certainly won't be using hacked powervu encoders, if encrypted with powervu at all. The ones on 103 are encrypted with tandberg. The Cisco 9865 can't decode tandberg. It can't decode dc2, irdeto, verimatrix and everything else. It can't decode the latest powervu upgrades used by the newest Cisco encoders/decoders either. So if they encrypt, how will the Rainier/Cisco 9865 decrypt them? Will Rainier ask you to shell out another $750 for a secure decoder? After all, AFN recently upgraded their network to verimatrix and and is phasing out the Cisco 9865. If you missed it, here is the press release:

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/04 ... n-systems/

Ohhhh, great geniuses at Rainier Satellite, please do tell us how your hacked Cisco 9865 will receive properly secured programming in the future? I think we know - it won't! Glen will sell as many Cisco 9865 decoders to as many suckers as he can, and once this decoder is phased out, he will fling his strong-boxes and money bags out the window and make a run for it, just before the swindled *subscribers* figure out the ruse and start demanding retribution. :reallyangry

Pianist3
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Pianist3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Rainier, is just being pissy cause they can't make a deal with the corps. Such as Viacom, time Warner, and such. That's just my opinion. I can't justify shelling out hundreds of dollars for their equipment, when they can't even offer channels such as Disney, HBO, nick, cn etc. Until they can step up their game, I won't touch them. I'm happy saving g my money, and buying from tek2k. Some one who really cares about the customers. I don't see how rainier will ever revive the cband sub. If they can't even get up a game plan. Then when they do that, they will probably bleed the customers anyways. I believe cband/fta, will be around a very long time and o as like us will keep it alive.

Return to “Scams and Swindles”