Receiver talk banned at Scottys

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired
Articles: 0

Receiver talk banned at Scottys

Post by satdish » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:31 pm

I see Scottys rag has banned talk of all the xxxxxxx receivers. Funny isn't that where it all started. Maybe Charlie don't want his plan to kill FTA associated where he promotes his Dish garbage?
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Re: Receiver talk banned at Scottys

Post by Titanium » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:49 pm

I applaud any forum that takes a stand against promoting theft of service! I would assume that you would support any site that does not allow the discussion of hack satellite receivers that illegally receive subscription programming. Isn't in the best interest of the FTA hobby and Rainier Satellite to limit the discussion of these theft of service receivers?

I completely reject your oft repeated comments that Scott is trying to ruin FTA with cheap receivers. No one needs to subsidize the STBs in order to sell them for cheap in North America. Fully licensed Chinese manufactured DVBS2 STBs can be bulk purchased for as low as $18 and unlicensed for $9. Buyers now have their choice of a glut of cheap STBs because Chinese factories and brokers are bypassing the traditional distribution channels and selling direct to the users via Ebay and Amazon with minimal support or warranty. No assurance of quality or if they will work tomorrow, but they can sure offer the rock bottom price.

There is zero support from Ebay and Amazon when we have tried to contest the sale of these hack boxes. These companies are making their cut from each sale and turning a blind eye to the promotion of theft of service. They only respond in the event of a copyright or trademark infringement claim. Otherwise, sales of theft of service STBs is the new wild wild west and I expect it to continue and grow!

I know that earlier in the year when this receiver was first discussed, the xxxxxxx receivers did not support theft of service on PowerVU and were not preloaded with hack firmware. I had ordered a unit on Ebay and tested it. There was nothing illegal about it. No keys, no automatic updating, no autoroll. It was just a bare-bones receiver that worked well.

Sometime during the recent months, the xxxxxxx STBs began shipping with the hack firmware preinstalled and via upgrade downloads from the manufacturer's website. Hobbyist were unknowingly watching these encrypted channels, assumed the channels were in the clear and posting that the channels were unencrypted. Guys were shocked when we informed them that the channels were still scrambled, but the box was doing it by its self! Most had incorrectly assumed that they had to try and do something illegal to enable channel hacking and didn't know that the box was preprogrammed to steal upon delivery.

Why continue to attack the forums that many of us enjoy and participate on every day? I don't see the point in the continued attacks on Rick's, Legalfreetoair and Satelliteguys? These negative posts don't make me want to stay away from other forums, but instead makes me wonder why you project so much hate? These sites are great resources for hobbyists and I enjoy the technical discussions and assistance that is shared at those forums and here on TVROSat. The more that we can promote and support people who are interested in the viewing legal FTA channels, the better it is for all hobbyists!

Make today a great day and enjoy the FTA hobby!
Titanium - Brian Gohl
He who dies with the most toys... is dead. - unknown
:beer

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I guess you don't see what you guys over at Scottys did by promoting these Indonesian 27 buck boxes. You hurt hard working guys like Rick and Casey because there is no way they can compete with those prices. Rick went so far as banning members that talk about those boxes in any capacity over there.

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/po ... re-8182352

The nickle and dime Scotty FTA crowd has done the dirty deed with their continuous search for spending next to nothing on gear. These unlicensed boxes should never had made it over to our shores, but people like and including you Brian for buying them allowed them to flourish and do damage to good guys like Rick and Casey. Now you guys want to mute it, the damage is already done.

This isn't the first time Satellite Guys did something to rip apart the big dish industry, and I'm sure it won't be the last time. When Scott says he's a c band advocate that's BS. All Scott ever cares about is getting people to click on his ragfest so he can generate his revenue from his deeply embeded self refreshing ads to line his pockets. He has pulled every trick in the book from creating drama and controversy with lies to quietly promoting piracy. I'm sure Rick, and Casey are not the only ones that have been burned by Scotts antics over the years in search of the almighty buck to line his pockets. And won't be the last one.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

cband anonymous
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by cband anonymous » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 pm

satdish wrote:I guess you don't see what you guys over at Scottys did by promoting these Indonesian 27 buck boxes. You hurt hard working guys like Rick and Casey because there is no way they can compete with those prices. Rick went so far as banning members that talk about those boxes in any capacity over there.

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/po ... re-8182352

The nickle and dime Scotty FTA crowd has done the dirty deed with their continuous search for spending next to nothing on gear. These unlicensed boxes should never had made it over to our shores, but people like and including you Brian for buying them allowed them to flourish and do damage to good guys like Rick and Casey. Now you guys want to mute it, the damage is already done.

This isn't the first time Satellite Guys did something to rip apart the big dish industry, and I'm sure it won't be the last time. When Scott says he's a c band advocate that's BS. All Scott ever cares about is getting people to click on his ragfest so he can generate his revenue from his deeply embeded self refreshing ads to line his pockets. He has pulled every trick in the book from creating drama and controversy with lies to quietly promoting piracy. I'm sure Rick, and Casey are not the only ones that have been burned by Scotts antics over the years in search of the almighty buck to line his pockets. And won't be the last one.
My latest intel :reading report suggests that you have it all wrong, as per usual. You see, a decision was made to discontinue the xxxxxxx line of receivers because of recent developments on Rupert Murdoch's piracy forum in Europe. As you all know, old Rupert :oldman keeps a tab on pirates by running the largest piracy forum in the world. If a hack doesn't affect him, he promotes it and lets it spread like wildfire to destroy his competitors. If he is the one being hacked, well then, heads start to roll pretty darn fast because he knows the hacker's ip addresses. It was like this with his previous site thoic too but I digress...

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond, Scott and Charlie :hugging :cheekkiss have gotten wind about the new DCII hack being reported at Rupert's forum. It will be released in Q1 of 2017 the same way coders on old Rupert's payroll released the PowerVu hack in Q1 of 2015. This is the reason Scott had to shut down the xxxxxxx PowerVu only hack receiver talk in a hurry in order to make room on his forum for the new (Dollarsat???) Powervu/DCII receiver hack coming in 2017. You see, they haven't settled on a new receiver name yet, but Charlie felt $9 was too expensive for the unlicensed xxxxxx hack, so he told Scott to get it down to $1 and distribute them to dollar stores all across America so every redneck can afford them. :bigsmile

Charlie's sinister :sinister plan doesn't end here, however. Its purpose is two-fold. First, Charlie had his engineers conduct a feasibility study on using this new receiver at his downlink facilty to receive all master programming and giving those expensive programmers the shaft once and for all for all the grief they gave him over the years with their constant price increases. The shaft will also be given to the Arris/Cisco hardware makers who have been milking poor Charlie for decades with now obsolete rack mount equipment in the tens of thousands of dollars that will soon be had for $1. :thumbsdown Second, Scott has been told to implement the final solution to the rainier problem. His orders from the top brass are to ensure this new receiver will spread far and wide among his followers and will be stocked by every dollar store across rural America where every c-band redneck can purchase it for $1 or less. If this doesn't kill off the rainier dog, nothing will...

As for Rick, my latest intel suggests that he is already a multi-millionaire from SonicView sales and doesn't worry about money any more. He is also the only man in America who adjusts his big dish lnbs wearing a perfectly tailored suit and tie. :noidea:
ricksonicview.jpg
ricksonicview.jpg (51.12 KiB) Viewed 16662 times
GOINK GOINK GOINK
Thank you :respect Charlie for bringing us America's Top 50 HD channels for free on 97 west! Being a c-band philanthropist and giving back to the community will ensure future success. Keep up the the great work!
cband anonymous

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:13 am

$1 for a receiver? :thinking

I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the $9 receiver mentioned by Brian. How is this all possible in the first place? What are you guys smoking these days? I paid nearly $1,000 for my first receiver back in the early eighties. Times are a changing...
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 am

fatso wrote:$1 for a receiver? :thinking

I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the $9 receiver mentioned by Brian. How is this all possible in the first place? What are you guys smoking these days? I paid nearly $1,000 for my first receiver back in the early eighties. Times are a changing...
They all are doing some heavy drugs before they post that's prevalent. I wonder what they're going to do for their fix once Trump kicks out the drug lords? Cbanda..nonomus will probably go back to his childhood beginnings of sniffing toluene.

My first receiver was a thousand too.

Cbanda..nonomus, aka many others; Don't quit your day job of writing fairytails.

skink
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by skink » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 am

I have many $1000+ receivers sitting in my attic aswell,but I think C Band is using the $1 figuratively speaking.If this scenario is true,the only reason would be to destroy the hobby by getting equipment banned.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:54 am

skink wrote:I have many $1000+ receivers sitting in my attic aswell,but I think C Band is using the $1 figuratively speaking.If this scenario is true,the only reason would be to destroy the hobby by getting equipment banned.
They should ban, confiscate, and destroy the cheap unlicensed garbage being brought in. Maybe Trump will kick these boys in the balls and allow American products, businesses and jobs to flourish once again. Its our country, if we don't do something soon to make it better God help us all.

elko
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by elko » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:08 pm

How sad to see the (made in the usa) tvro industry go from one of the most profitable just three decades ago to this sad spectacle of nickel and dime stbs flooding into our country from China. You can't even get the mpeg4 chipsets for less than $20, so these dime-a-dozen stbs are being completely subsidized by the Chinese government. The whole electronics industry in the USA is pretty much dead thanks to Chinese government subsidies. They are now doing the same to the steel industry. Subsidized steel exports from China have devasted every steel mill in the USA and Europe. This is why Trump got elected.

Back to the issue at hand. What exactly does Dish have to gain by destroying cband? We number less than a thousand and most of us have a sub with a provider already. Besides, Dish is losing 100,000 subscribers every couple of months, so killing off a thousand cband enthusiasts won't make any perceptible difference to their revenue.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:59 am

Latest inside news from Charlies camp is that discussions of xxxxxxx at SatelliteGuys was pulled because of IKS hack ability of Charlies Dish Network. (Even Rick talks about that) Scotty being in bed with Charlie got orders to pull it or lose his Dish gratuities that help support that pro Dish Network rag site.

Funny how Cbanda..nonomus forgets to mention that in his negative C band report. Could it be Cbanda..nonomus is secretly behind IKS piracy? When he talks about every redneck being able to afford a $1 receiver to hack satellite TV he don't mention that there are a hell of a lot more free Dish Network dishes around than C band reflectors. If they can afford only $1 for a receiver they sure in hell ain't gonna be able to afford a new c band dish and hardware needed.

Lets get real, Cbanda..nonomus and his aliases is an IKS and IP pirate secretly promoting his hack box for his brass. In the IKS guys eyes C band is the enemy. Just look at the bloodbaths that use to go on with the IKS guys at that defunct C band pirate rag.

Return to “All Other Receivers”