DSR Project

Discussions, tools and files related to all other receivers.
exuma
Articles: 0

DSR Project

Post by exuma » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Planning to get some DSR receivers and building a cabinet to house them. The plan is to use my dreambox 900 (or other engima receiver) for dvb-s2 stuff and as a slave receiver for moving the dish. I want the dreambox to send commands to the DSRs over ether when I tune a digicipher channel. The DSR would tune the transponder and output video/audio for digicipher channels the dreambox cant decode. I got 5 inputs on my tv so dreambox can use 1, and the DSRs would go to 2,3,4,5. I dont want to use any switching electronics - just dreambox, network switch and DSRs.

Questions.

1. Is this possible. I got some PC software from another site but dont know what to do with it yet. I want the DSR to stream back to my engima receiver if possible, not PC.

2. Which DSR works for Fox channels on [133 Galaxy15 ]?

3. Which DSR works for HBO channels on [125 Galaxy14 ]?

4. Which DSR works for HGTV channels on [103 AMC1 ]?

:thankyousign:

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: DSR Project

Post by Arion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Since all the channels you mentioned are encrypted you might want to familiarize yourself with rule #3 on this thread about forum rules and regulations;

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... f=3&t=1050
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 am

Arion wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm
Since all the channels you mentioned are encrypted you might want to familiarize yourself with rule #3 on this thread about forum rules and regulations;

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... f=3&t=1050
The OP is getting his ideas for this project from another forum. :wink:

If he hits the jackpot and the dsr decoder he purchases was authorized for fox, it will work in mp mode in addition to fp mode. For some reason fox doesn't deactivate their old decoders. That's why he was asking about galaxy 15. :biggrin

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:17 am

Yeah, I know. A lot of overseas forums talk about that sort of thing but they must have crappy enforcement because it seems like there are few repercussions for getting caught over there. In the U.S. and Canada they are a lot more anal about it and nobody is going to stick their neck out as the pay providers regularly cruise forums like this one to snag people that promote program theft so I certainly understand the owners of this forum and others in keeping it FTA only!
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 am

I agree with Arion. Let's keep this forum strictly FTA.

Closed.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “All Other Receivers”