HBO for $10.35 on rainier

Discuss all aspects of the Comcast HITS c band HDTV satellite service for cable and iptv headends. They deliver 2nd generation Master Broadcasts from 105W.
indira
Banned
Banned
Articles: 0

HBO for $10.35 on rainier

Post by indira » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:00 am

http://www.rainiersatellite.com/commercial/prices.pdf

nohbo.png

Way to go. They also sell..dsr irds. I was just looking..

Tags:

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: HBO for $10.35 on rainier

Post by Arion » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:08 pm

You couldn't pay me to watch HBO let alone having to pay for it. YMMV Certainly not a reason to pay $700 for an old outdated IRD that is pretty useless otherwise. Despite their claims about the Cisco IRD any of the new Enigma 2 consumer receivers can run rings around that receiver. What about 4K? Can't do that either.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:33 am

That and he needs to buy a banner ad to advertise HBO around here.
Administrator
([email protected])

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 pm

how can he get HBO from rainier?? all the channels are digicipher2 and owned by providers ...unless i missing something nobody is telling me yet ?? unless its only for alaskian folks ...kind it unfair for rest the country are stuck with 131w weather channel transponder...wish they bring the rest from 115w naked sat, is barebone right now...they used to have showtime, hbo, cinemax and starz all sd channels..not sure its still there cause, i unable get the other gci transponder it with 10 foot

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:47 am

DRIVN78415 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 pm
how can he get HBO from rainier?? all the channels are digicipher2 and owned by providers ...unless i missing something nobody is telling me yet ??

They are selling digicipher 2 encrypted programming to small cable and internet companies. Mostly the Comcast HITS programming on 105 west. It is not available to consumers, but what is funny is that some backyard satellite enthusiasts figured out that they could just buy an authorized dsr6000 (or other decoder) off ebay and watch many of these channels for free. :lol:

Even funnier, someone (probably backed by some corporation) spent several years and a lot of money reverse engineering digicipher 2 only to conclude that the only programming he could watch was whatever was already authorized on the unit, but as already mentioned, the cable companies were giving away authorized decoders on ebay. :doh

The programmers would be better served if they just developed and sold a CAM device to consumers for use with an FTA receiver equipped with a CAM slot. At least they would be generating some revenue, consumers could watch premium content on C band satellite and everyone would be happy. :bigsmile
Administrator
([email protected])

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:16 am

thats kind of dumb for them, in theroy it should work only for DVB-s2 channels on FTA receivers with CAM support..

Victoria
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Victoria » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Satellite is a dead transmission medium for HBO content.

HBO Max is a much better value. It's better quality and more convenient than the linear HBO channels on C-band. I even get the service included for free with my AT&T Fiber connection.

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 pm

Victoria wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm

HBO Max is a much better value. It's better quality and more convenient than the linear HBO channels on C-band. I even get the service included for free with my AT&T Fiber connection.
thats nice but its only for new customers fall into dumb trap...internet sure its fast but do i really need good fiber in my diet when i am already satisfied with my owned setup cband and grande internet stand alone, then already bought my owned cable modem so i can save money from ridicules rental fee..

there is no such thing free from providers..only free when you found it and not tell them about it..HBOMAX great only 12 months then your stuck with $15 bucks fee every month...its like stab in the back :biggrin

Victoria
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Victoria » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:54 pm

DRIVN78415 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 pm
Victoria wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:53 pm

thats nice but its only for new customers fall into dumb trap...internet sure its fast but do i really need good fiber in my diet when i am already satisfied with my owned setup cband and grande internet stand alone, then already bought my owned cable modem so i can save money from ridicules rental fee..

I only pay $49.99 a month for unlimited symmetrical 1 Gbps from AT&T with a free HBO Max sub included.

Of course you need fiber. I'd give up my C-band dish before I'd give up my Internet connection in a heartbeat. The bulk of my entertainment comes from the Internet. C-band is only useful for some niche things like backhaul feeds of live events. You will find no better source for something like the MTV Music Awards than C-band. Most everything else is available in superior quality from an Internet source. I'd never watch a scripted television series or a movie from satellite.

Fiber is also essential for backing up all of my recordings from C-band offsite. I have recordings of every live awards show/concert/Super Bowl/etc. going back for the last decade along with tons of other miscellaneous things grabbed off of satellite. Some of my favorite music performances is material never released through any other outlet but TV. It is essential to have backups of all that stuff because if you lose it you'll never be able to get it again.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... ers-2020-4

AT&T doesn't seem to be planning to stop offering HBO Max for free to customers on their highest Internet plan anytime soon. It seems to be a permanent offer.

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by DRIVN78415 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:13 pm

no thanks, i paying the same price almost forever of $49 just internet alone vs att gig interent gonna cost $30 bucks more after 12 months and thats forever with hbomax...i could save more by adding hbomax standalone for $12 bucks for movies i already seen on cband so far...not interested

Return to “Comcast HITS”