Reply: Last Mesh Dish for Sale. No more after that

Discussions about the hardware used for satellite reception.
belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Reply: Last Mesh Dish for Sale. No more after that

Post by belter-one » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi tek2000,

So sorry to hear you are pausing your business for now. Hopefully things will turn around soon for all. I enjoyed doing business with tek2000 and was always treated well and fairly. And learned a lot as well. Thank you for sharing what you know and best of luck to you and yours.

Cheers, :thankyousign:

belter-one

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: Reply: Last Mesh Dish for Sale. No more after that

Post by tek2000 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 pm

belter-one wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Hi tek2000,

So sorry to hear you are pausing your business for now. Hopefully things will turn around soon for all. I enjoyed doing business with tek2000 and was always treated well and fairly. And learned a lot as well. Thank you for sharing what you know and best of luck to you and yours.

Cheers, :thankyousign:

belter-one

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, the situation is what it is and probably best to wind things down. It is prohibitively expensive to import anything due to a container shortage (real or contrived). If folks don't know what is going on, the cost of transporting goods from one continent to another, has sky rocketed by 400% in recent months. This has happened at a time when most consumers are being very cautious and/or have limited disposable income. I believe we will see all kinds of goods shortages (and bare shelves) in the coming months as these new transport costs bite into global trade. For example, it has already started in the auto sector where manufacturers are shuttering their plants because they can't source electronic parts.

container_prices.jpg
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm

Tek2000 is a top notch dealer in my book. I've been using their 12 footer mesh dish for over 2 years now and never had any issues. Hope they weather the storm and keep selling these big dishes cause there is nowhere else to buy them.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Tek2000 is not going away any time soon. They have paid this forum for banner adverts that expire in Feb 01, 2022. So, this forum will be around until at least then, and so will Tek2000, so please consider making a purchase from them because it also supports this forum and the satellite charts which you all use.

As for Tek2000 not bringing more c band antennas to market, there are many reasons for this. They have already explained most of them, but Tek2000 also mentioned to me that financing is not as readily available now. I understand that something like 50% of their customers in the past were taking advantage of the attractive financing available from paypal, bank merchant accounts, ebay, amazon and more, that would allow customers to make a $50 monthly payment for say 2 years instead of paying upfront for the purchase of an antenna. That's how they moved them. A lot of this financing has been scaled back, probably because the banks and creditors fear a wave of personal bankruptcies coming in the months and years ahead, just like after the 2008-2009 financial crisis. So sales for 'big ticket' items go in the crapper for a while.

For now, Tek2000 will continue selling the small stuff for the c band dish, which don't require financing. God help anyone who needs to finance the purchase of a $50 lnb!
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “Satellite Hardware”