HELP NEEDED - WIRING DIAGRAM - 4DTV TO V-BOX II

Discussions about controllers used to position your dish and track the satellite arc.
nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

HELP NEEDED - WIRING DIAGRAM - 4DTV TO V-BOX II

Post by nanirdjeff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm

I am attempting to set up a "V-BOX II - DISEQC 1.2 POSITIONER" to move my big ugly dish - HOWEVER - the notes in the setup connection that came with the unit says - "connect the Motor to the terminals printed M2 & M2 and connect the Reed Switch Senor to the terminals printed SENSOR via Motor Cable. I do not have any terminals marked "M1 or M2". What I have is a stick up label with the following:- "SENSOR- SENSOR+ MOTOR- MOTOR +". The four terminals are as follows:- RED, BLACK, BLACK, RED.

I am transfering the wiring from my old 4DTV to this new positioner. Also adding to the above problem is that there are three EXTRA wires from the 4DTV.

The wiring on the 4DTV is as follows:-

1. two THICK wires, one RED and one WHITE. These are connected to the "M1 and M2".

2. Then there are two more THIN wires, one BROWN and one YELLOW. These are connected to - "+5V PULSE GROUND".

3. The last three THIN wires, WHITE, RED and BLACK, connect to "POLORIZER".

So how does one go about connecting these wires to the V-BOX II". I figure that the two thick wires go to the motor - but - not sure on what to do with the other wires in 2. and 3. ALSO - is the sequence correct for setting up the wires for the motor, ie, they are both on the right hand side of the unit.

zack
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: HELP NEEDED - WIRING DIAGRAM - 4DTV TO V-BOX II

Post by zack » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:45 pm

DISEQC 1.2 POSITIONER

That is all that it is! It cannot do skew or "POLORIZER" In other words, if you want to keep your original feedhorn with LNBs, you should have bought an ASC1

With the V-BOX dish mover only, you will have to replace it with an LNBF, which changes polarity electronicaly with DISEQC signals!

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am

Perhaps I should have added that this V-BOX II was purchased with a ZGEMMA V7 RECEIVER.

And It is my intention to finally hook everything up to the Zgemma - but - this wiring problem seems to stop that. Any further suggestions?

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:15 pm

You still need a way to change the polarity at the feed horn! Check out "Ricks" site. You can get a auto polarizer for about $50 that will move the polorotor from H to V. The only other option is to change to an lnbf that is voltage controlled. Jess out in Californa.
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by nanirdjeff » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks for the replies.

Are we saying that this will NOT work with the Zgemma? It was ordered from Tek2000 at the same time as the Zgemma!

Also, should I be using a LNBF and not LNBs for use with the Zgemma?

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 pm

nanirdjeff wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 am
Thanks for the replies.

Are we saying that this will NOT work with the Zgemma? It was ordered from Tek2000 at the same time as the Zgemma!

Also, should I be using a LNBF and not LNBs for use with the Zgemma?
It will work with zgemma. :thumbsup

Go to your Tuner Configuration and for each satellite, scroll down to 'Use USALS for this sat' and select 'no'. Beneath that, enter your stored position. Whenever you click on a channel on this satellite, it will send a DiSEqC command to the controller to drive the dish to this position. Make sure the position in your controller is the same as the one you enter in the zgemma.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Your system will work with any DVB receiver, but the V box will not work as a replacement for your 4dtv dish mover/polarity changer. The V box will only move the dish! There is no connection on the V box to change polarity! You can buy a polarity changer for around $50 at another site or change your feed horn assy to a voltage controlled lnbf. Jess out in California.
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

zack
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by zack » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:48 pm

nanirdjeff wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm
I am attempting to set up a "V-BOX II - DISEQC 1.2 POSITIONER" to move my big ugly dish - HOWEVER - the notes in the setup connection that came with the unit says - "connect the Motor to the terminals printed M2 & M2 and connect the Reed Switch Senor to the terminals printed SENSOR via Motor Cable. I do not have any terminals marked "M1 or M2". What I have is a stick up label with the following:- "SENSOR- SENSOR+ MOTOR- MOTOR +". The four terminals are as follows:- RED, BLACK, BLACK, RED.

I am transfering the wiring from my old 4DTV to this new positioner. Also adding to the above problem is that there are three EXTRA wires from the 4DTV.

The wiring on the 4DTV is as follows:-

1. two THICK wires, one RED and one WHITE. These are connected to the "M1 and M2".

2. Then there are two more THIN wires, one BROWN and one YELLOW. These are connected to - "+5V PULSE GROUND".

3. The last three THIN wires, WHITE, RED and BLACK, connect to "POLORIZER".

So how does one go about connecting these wires to the V-BOX II". I figure that the two thick wires go to the motor - but - not sure on what to do with the other wires in 2. and 3. ALSO - is the sequence correct for setting up the wires for the motor, ie, they are both on the right hand side of the unit.
https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thread ... bly.63028/

Please read this link, it was the first I could find that may help you understand.

Return to “Positioners”